Amar Singh discharged from Singapore hospital: Big B
Mumbai: Samajwadi Party general secretary Amar Singh has been discharged from the hospital in Singapore, where he was admitted for a kidney transplant, says his close friend, Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan.
"My friend (Amar Singh) repairs well and repairs well enough to be discharged from hospital to his home. Home not in India, but in Singapore," Amitabh posted Saturday on his blog www.bigb.bigadda.com.
"There he shall remain for observation and tests and acute monitoring. He shall be observed with care and diligence for such surgeries need careful ‘after looking after`," he added.
According to Amitabh, it is the recovery period after a surgery which is the real test of a patient.
"Many believe that the job done by surgeon and hospital is final, but it is not so. What is most important is how you will deal with your system now with the handicaps of repair. The strength and will required for this journey is much greater than the will required to submit yourself to surgeons," he posted.
Singh was admitted to the hospital earlier this month. Amitabh`s family -- wife Jaya, son Abhishek and daughter-in-law Aishwarya -- had been by Singh`s side in Singapore for many days. Now, Aishwarya and Abhishek are back in India to shoot for Mani Ratnam`s ‘Ravana’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured