Amar Singh discharged from Singapore hospital: Big B
Mumbai: Samajwadi Party general secretary Amar Singh has been discharged from the hospital in Singapore, where he was admitted for a kidney transplant, says his close friend, Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan.
"My friend (Amar Singh) repairs well and repairs well enough to be discharged from hospital to his home. Home not in India, but in Singapore," Amitabh posted Saturday on his blog www.bigb.bigadda.com.
"There he shall remain for observation and tests and acute monitoring. He shall be observed with care and diligence for such surgeries need careful ‘after looking after`," he added.
According to Amitabh, it is the recovery period after a surgery which is the real test of a patient.
"Many believe that the job done by surgeon and hospital is final, but it is not so. What is most important is how you will deal with your system now with the handicaps of repair. The strength and will required for this journey is much greater than the will required to submit yourself to surgeons," he posted.
Singh was admitted to the hospital earlier this month. Amitabh`s family -- wife Jaya, son Abhishek and daughter-in-law Aishwarya -- had been by Singh`s side in Singapore for many days. Now, Aishwarya and Abhishek are back in India to shoot for Mani Ratnam`s ‘Ravana’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Delhi Assembly passes resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil