Amar Singh discharged from Singapore hospital: Big B
Mumbai: Samajwadi Party general secretary Amar Singh has been discharged from the hospital in Singapore, where he was admitted for a kidney transplant, says his close friend, Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan.
"My friend (Amar Singh) repairs well and repairs well enough to be discharged from hospital to his home. Home not in India, but in Singapore," Amitabh posted Saturday on his blog www.bigb.bigadda.com.
"There he shall remain for observation and tests and acute monitoring. He shall be observed with care and diligence for such surgeries need careful ‘after looking after`," he added.
According to Amitabh, it is the recovery period after a surgery which is the real test of a patient.
"Many believe that the job done by surgeon and hospital is final, but it is not so. What is most important is how you will deal with your system now with the handicaps of repair. The strength and will required for this journey is much greater than the will required to submit yourself to surgeons," he posted.
Singh was admitted to the hospital earlier this month. Amitabh`s family -- wife Jaya, son Abhishek and daughter-in-law Aishwarya -- had been by Singh`s side in Singapore for many days. Now, Aishwarya and Abhishek are back in India to shoot for Mani Ratnam`s ‘Ravana’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next