Amar Singh discharged from Singapore hospital: Big B
Mumbai: Samajwadi Party general secretary Amar Singh has been discharged from the hospital in Singapore, where he was admitted for a kidney transplant, says his close friend, Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan.
"My friend (Amar Singh) repairs well and repairs well enough to be discharged from hospital to his home. Home not in India, but in Singapore," Amitabh posted Saturday on his blog www.bigb.bigadda.com.
"There he shall remain for observation and tests and acute monitoring. He shall be observed with care and diligence for such surgeries need careful ‘after looking after`," he added.
According to Amitabh, it is the recovery period after a surgery which is the real test of a patient.
"Many believe that the job done by surgeon and hospital is final, but it is not so. What is most important is how you will deal with your system now with the handicaps of repair. The strength and will required for this journey is much greater than the will required to submit yourself to surgeons," he posted.
Singh was admitted to the hospital earlier this month. Amitabh`s family -- wife Jaya, son Abhishek and daughter-in-law Aishwarya -- had been by Singh`s side in Singapore for many days. Now, Aishwarya and Abhishek are back in India to shoot for Mani Ratnam`s ‘Ravana’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter