Amar Singh discharged from Singapore hospital: Big B
Mumbai: Samajwadi Party general secretary Amar Singh has been discharged from the hospital in Singapore, where he was admitted for a kidney transplant, says his close friend, Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan.
"My friend (Amar Singh) repairs well and repairs well enough to be discharged from hospital to his home. Home not in India, but in Singapore," Amitabh posted Saturday on his blog www.bigb.bigadda.com.
"There he shall remain for observation and tests and acute monitoring. He shall be observed with care and diligence for such surgeries need careful ‘after looking after`," he added.
According to Amitabh, it is the recovery period after a surgery which is the real test of a patient.
"Many believe that the job done by surgeon and hospital is final, but it is not so. What is most important is how you will deal with your system now with the handicaps of repair. The strength and will required for this journey is much greater than the will required to submit yourself to surgeons," he posted.
Singh was admitted to the hospital earlier this month. Amitabh`s family -- wife Jaya, son Abhishek and daughter-in-law Aishwarya -- had been by Singh`s side in Singapore for many days. Now, Aishwarya and Abhishek are back in India to shoot for Mani Ratnam`s ‘Ravana’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened