Amid controversy, Army Chief prays at Vaishno Devi
Jammu: While the whole country talked about his stunning disclosures and latest confrontation with the government, Army Chief Gen VK Singh paid a quiet visit to the Vaishno Devi shrine in Jammu and Kashmir.
He was accompanied by wife Bharti Singh Wednesday evening. Both were there for a little over an hour and offered prayers.
He earlier visited Kashmir Valley and reviewed the situation at the Line of Control and internal security grid. He arrived in Jammu late Wednesday and is expected to review the security situation in this region as well.
He flies back to Delhi Thursday.
VK Singh has been in the eye of a storm for his missives to the government on being offered a bribe and on the shortage of arms and ammunition in the defence forces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indonesia executes foreign convicts despite protests; Indian national spared
- Public sector bank employees on strike today; operations hit
- Mamata Banerjee wants West Bengal to be called ‘Bangla’: Report
- What a journey! Watch video that introduced US President Barack Obama at Democratic National Convention
- No newspapers, television for Arvind Kejriwal for 12 days in August - Know why