Amid controversy, Army Chief prays at Vaishno Devi
Jammu: While the whole country talked about his stunning disclosures and latest confrontation with the government, Army Chief Gen VK Singh paid a quiet visit to the Vaishno Devi shrine in Jammu and Kashmir.
He was accompanied by wife Bharti Singh Wednesday evening. Both were there for a little over an hour and offered prayers.
He earlier visited Kashmir Valley and reviewed the situation at the Line of Control and internal security grid. He arrived in Jammu late Wednesday and is expected to review the security situation in this region as well.
He flies back to Delhi Thursday.
VK Singh has been in the eye of a storm for his missives to the government on being offered a bribe and on the shortage of arms and ammunition in the defence forces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Anushka Sharma slaps ‘Sultan’ Salman Khan?