Amid controversy, Army Chief prays at Vaishno Devi
Jammu: While the whole country talked about his stunning disclosures and latest confrontation with the government, Army Chief Gen VK Singh paid a quiet visit to the Vaishno Devi shrine in Jammu and Kashmir.
He was accompanied by wife Bharti Singh Wednesday evening. Both were there for a little over an hour and offered prayers.
He earlier visited Kashmir Valley and reviewed the situation at the Line of Control and internal security grid. He arrived in Jammu late Wednesday and is expected to review the security situation in this region as well.
He flies back to Delhi Thursday.
VK Singh has been in the eye of a storm for his missives to the government on being offered a bribe and on the shortage of arms and ammunition in the defence forces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city