Amid controversy, Army Chief prays at Vaishno Devi
Jammu: While the whole country talked about his stunning disclosures and latest confrontation with the government, Army Chief Gen VK Singh paid a quiet visit to the Vaishno Devi shrine in Jammu and Kashmir.
He was accompanied by wife Bharti Singh Wednesday evening. Both were there for a little over an hour and offered prayers.
He earlier visited Kashmir Valley and reviewed the situation at the Line of Control and internal security grid. He arrived in Jammu late Wednesday and is expected to review the security situation in this region as well.
He flies back to Delhi Thursday.
VK Singh has been in the eye of a storm for his missives to the government on being offered a bribe and on the shortage of arms and ammunition in the defence forces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Two criminals arrested; stolen motorcycle, arms recovered
- Congress not to project a CM candidate in Gujarat
- Ranveer Singh's rendition of 'Pardesi Pardesi' is so bad it is actually good! - Watch video
- Balochistan Assembly adopts resolution against PM Narendra Modi - Know details
- JNU rape case: Accused scholar Anmol Ratan suspended from university