Anna Hazare must cut ties with Naxals in his team: Swamy
Satna: Janata Party president Subramanian Swamy on Saturday said that he was ready to extend support to social activist Anna Hazare provided he distances himself from the "Naxalites" in his team.
"Although I am with Baba Ramdev, I could not back Hazare as there are Naxalites in his team. In case, he wants my support, he must sever ties with them," Swamy told reporters here.
He also said that he did not agree with Hazare`s demand that the Lokpal Bill should be brought first.
"Corruption would not finish even if Lokpal Bill becomes a reality," he said.
Swamy said it was not right on part of Hazare to insist that only what he was saying was apt and nothing else is correct.
On the clean chit given to Finance Minister P Chidambaram in the 2G scam by the Supreme Court, Swamy said he would file a review petition against the judgement but would not like to comment on it further.
Swamy clarified that he had never said that Chidambaram had taken any bribe in the 2G case but maintained that he caused loss to the nation.
The Janata Party President said that the recent
violence in Assam was caused by "immigrant Bangladeshis".
He also praised Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi and described him as a "fighter" who has done a lot of good work.
When asked if Modi had the capability to be the Prime Minister, Swamy said that there were many other people who could become Prime Minister.
In any case, the people do not choose who will be the Prime Minister, he said.
Asked if he too can become a Prime Minister, he shot back, "I can become the Prime Minister if God wants me to have that post."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Soon, Skype will not run on these Windows, Android phones
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`; likely sole shooter
- 'EgyptAir Flight 804 broke up in midair after a fire'
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate