Ansari conferred doctorate by Turkish University
Konya: Vice President Hamid Ansari
was today conferred an honorary doctorate in International
Relations by the Mevlana University here.
Ansari, who is on a five-day visit to Turkey, was also
conferred the honorary citizenship of Konya on the occasion.
Speaking on the occasion, he said both Turkey and India
were important pillars of a seamless, borderless world of
culture, art, spiritualism and philosophy that extended from
Maghrib and Andulusia in the west to all corners of Asia.
Ansari said that if convergence characterised the
spiritual realm, physical distance, infrequent contacts and
complex considerations of statecraft conditioned political
relations between our two countries in medieval times.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?