Anti-naxal ops: States owe Rs 5,000 cr to Centre
New Delhi: More than Rs 5,000 crore are
lying as outstanding dues against various state governments on
account of deployment of central paramilitary forces for
anti-naxal operations, the government said on Tuesday.
The largest amount in this regard is pending against
Chhattisgarh (Rs 1070.54 crore), followed by Jharkhand (Rs
876.10 crore) and Uttar Pradesh (Rs 818.92 crore), Minister of
State for Home Jitendra Singh told the Lok Sabha in a written
He said the total dues stood at Rs 5021.63 crore.
The other states on this list are Orissa (Rs 567.55
crore), Andhra Pradesh (Rs 556.98 crore), Bihar (Rs 517.89
crore), West Bengal (Rs 380.40 crore), Maharashtra (Rs 157.06
crore) and Madhya Pradesh (Rs 76.19 crore).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Curfew continues across Kashmir Valley as separatists extend shutdown till Monday
- France committed to leading Israel-Palestine talks: Hollande
- US sues Pennsylvania town for ban on building mosque
- Turkey temporarily suspends human rights convention after failed coup
- 'Don't abandon search for MH370,' plead families of victims