Anti-naxal ops: States owe Rs 5,000 cr to Centre
New Delhi: More than Rs 5,000 crore are
lying as outstanding dues against various state governments on
account of deployment of central paramilitary forces for
anti-naxal operations, the government said on Tuesday.
The largest amount in this regard is pending against
Chhattisgarh (Rs 1070.54 crore), followed by Jharkhand (Rs
876.10 crore) and Uttar Pradesh (Rs 818.92 crore), Minister of
State for Home Jitendra Singh told the Lok Sabha in a written
He said the total dues stood at Rs 5021.63 crore.
The other states on this list are Orissa (Rs 567.55
crore), Andhra Pradesh (Rs 556.98 crore), Bihar (Rs 517.89
crore), West Bengal (Rs 380.40 crore), Maharashtra (Rs 157.06
crore) and Madhya Pradesh (Rs 76.19 crore).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!