Anti-naxal ops: States owe Rs 5,000 cr to Centre
New Delhi: More than Rs 5,000 crore are
lying as outstanding dues against various state governments on
account of deployment of central paramilitary forces for
anti-naxal operations, the government said on Tuesday.
The largest amount in this regard is pending against
Chhattisgarh (Rs 1070.54 crore), followed by Jharkhand (Rs
876.10 crore) and Uttar Pradesh (Rs 818.92 crore), Minister of
State for Home Jitendra Singh told the Lok Sabha in a written
He said the total dues stood at Rs 5021.63 crore.
The other states on this list are Orissa (Rs 567.55
crore), Andhra Pradesh (Rs 556.98 crore), Bihar (Rs 517.89
crore), West Bengal (Rs 380.40 crore), Maharashtra (Rs 157.06
crore) and Madhya Pradesh (Rs 76.19 crore).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress demands Sushma Swaraj's resignation over Lalit Modi's job offer to her husband