Antony condoles death of Army personnel in Leh cloudburst
  • This Section
  • Latest
  • Web Wrap
Last Updated: Saturday, August 14, 2010, 13:57
  
New Delhi: Defence Minister AK Antony on Saturday condoled the death of eight armed forces personnel in the cloudburst and mudslide in Leh last week.

Conveying his condolences to the family and friends of those who lost their lives in the cloudburst that hit Leh last week, he said his thoughts went out to the brave hearts who were in the line of duty.

"As the nation prepares to celebrate the Red Letter Day, my thoughts go out to those brave hearts who lost their lives in the line of duty, especially in the mudslide in Leh," he said in a message on the eve of Independence Day.

"I wish speedy recovery to all those undergoing treatment at various hospitals," he said.

Eight Army personnel were killed and 41 were injured in the cloudburst. Anther 27 Army personnel, including 3 officers, were missing, according to the Defence Ministry.

Antony also commended the personnel from the Army, Air Force, DRDO and Border Roads Organisation, who are working to restore normalcy in Ladakh.

PTI


First Published: Saturday, August 14, 2010, 13:57


comments powered by Disqus