Antony condoles death of Army personnel in Leh cloudburst
New Delhi: Defence Minister AK Antony on Saturday condoled the death of eight armed forces personnel in the cloudburst and mudslide in Leh last week.
Conveying his condolences to the family and friends of those who lost their lives in the cloudburst that hit Leh last week, he said his thoughts went out to the brave hearts who
were in the line of duty.
"As the nation prepares to celebrate the Red Letter Day, my thoughts go out to those brave hearts who lost their lives in the line of duty, especially in the mudslide in Leh,"
he said in a message on the eve of Independence Day.
"I wish speedy recovery to all those undergoing treatment at various hospitals," he said.
Eight Army personnel were killed and 41 were injured in the cloudburst. Anther 27 Army personnel, including 3 officers, were missing, according to the Defence Ministry.
Antony also commended the personnel from the Army, Air Force, DRDO and Border Roads Organisation, who are working to restore normalcy in Ladakh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Brexit: UK goes to polls in knife-edge EU referendum; over 46 million people to decide Britain's fate
- 'US will continue to expand defense systems to protect South Korea, regional allies from North Korean missiles'
- Bandits kill 31 bush taxi passengers in Madagascar
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends