Antony condoles death of Army personnel in Leh cloudburst
New Delhi: Defence Minister AK Antony on Saturday condoled the death of eight armed forces personnel in the cloudburst and mudslide in Leh last week.
Conveying his condolences to the family and friends of those who lost their lives in the cloudburst that hit Leh last week, he said his thoughts went out to the brave hearts who
were in the line of duty.
"As the nation prepares to celebrate the Red Letter Day, my thoughts go out to those brave hearts who lost their lives in the line of duty, especially in the mudslide in Leh,"
he said in a message on the eve of Independence Day.
"I wish speedy recovery to all those undergoing treatment at various hospitals," he said.
Eight Army personnel were killed and 41 were injured in the cloudburst. Anther 27 Army personnel, including 3 officers, were missing, according to the Defence Ministry.
Antony also commended the personnel from the Army, Air Force, DRDO and Border Roads Organisation, who are working to restore normalcy in Ladakh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad