Antony condoles death of Army personnel in Leh cloudburst
New Delhi: Defence Minister AK Antony on Saturday condoled the death of eight armed forces personnel in the cloudburst and mudslide in Leh last week.
Conveying his condolences to the family and friends of those who lost their lives in the cloudburst that hit Leh last week, he said his thoughts went out to the brave hearts who
were in the line of duty.
"As the nation prepares to celebrate the Red Letter Day, my thoughts go out to those brave hearts who lost their lives in the line of duty, especially in the mudslide in Leh,"
he said in a message on the eve of Independence Day.
"I wish speedy recovery to all those undergoing treatment at various hospitals," he said.
Eight Army personnel were killed and 41 were injured in the cloudburst. Anther 27 Army personnel, including 3 officers, were missing, according to the Defence Ministry.
Antony also commended the personnel from the Army, Air Force, DRDO and Border Roads Organisation, who are working to restore normalcy in Ladakh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- Yuvraj Singh trolls R Ashwin for photobombing his picture with Virat Kohli – See pic!