Antrix-Devas deal a non-issue: Nair
Bangalore: Former ISRO chairman G Madhavan Nair is pinning hopes on Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to revoke the order banning him and three others from government jobs despite Union Minister V Narayanasamy ruling out its review, as he reiterated there is "no issue" vis-a-vis the Antrix-Devas deal.
Speaking to a news agency here today, Nair said he hasn`t heard from the Prime Minister. "I hope he will consider and take an appropriate decision," he said.
Nair wrote to the Prime Minister more than two weeks ago, appealing for quashing the order which he claimed was issued without enquiry and one aimed at tarnishing the image of the scientists.
Nair and three other ex-ISRO scientists were blacklisted based on two official reports on the controversial deal.
He has applied under RTI seeking copies of the order banning them as well as the reports.
But he said that "they (officials) are taking the usual time to reply. So I will have to allow that one month getting through to get all the details".
On whether he would appreciate if the Prime Minister intervenes in the issue, Nair said: "Yes, naturally".
Asked on the statement of BK Chaturvedi, who probed the deal (with Roddam Narasimha) that there were no malafide
intentions on the part of scientists and violation of norms
and procedures were not malicious or deliberate, Nair said he
(Chaturvedi) has "brought out the factual situation".
"I have been telling the same for long. There is no issue
(no wrongdoing), that`s the message he has conveyed," Nair
said, reiterating that there was "no issue at all" vis-a-vis
the scrapped agreement with Devas.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today