Arvind Kejriwal repeating allegations made by Congress earlier: BJP
Gandhinagar: Terming AAP as the B-team of Congress, Gujarat BJP on Friday said its leader Arvind Kejriwal was repeating allegations made earlier by the main opposition party in the state.
"Just like the Congress, the AAP levels false and baseless charges against us," Gujarat BJP unit chief R C Faldu said, adding AAP was nothing but the `B-team` of the main opposition Congress party in Gujarat.
"If we were corrupt, as claimed by Kejriwal, then why do the people of Gujarat elect us repeatedly," Faldu said.
Kejriwal had levelled 16 allegations against Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s government and on Friday went on to meet Modi at his Gandhinagar residence, but he was not given an appointment.
Replying to a question on why Modi did not give Kejriwal an appointment, Faldu feigned ignorance saying he had not heard of the incident, since he was out of the town.
When asked about the involvement of BJP workers in attacks on cars of Kejriwal and Manish Sisodia, Faldu argued that they would have hurt their feelings.
"Kejriwal or his men must have said something derogatory about Modi, which may not have gone well with party workers," Faldu said.
The BJP also rubbished corruption allegations by Kejriwal against two of the ministers, including state water resources minister Babu Bokhiria and claimed that "injustice" was being done to Bokhiria.
During a press conference at the BJP headquarters here on Friday, state agriculture minister Bhupendrasinh Chudasama defended BJP`s decision not to remove Bokhiria as minister, even after a lower court gave a verdict against him, regarding corruption charges against him.
"As a party, BJP feels that Bokhiria has not done anything wrong. So, why should BJP remove him? We feel that injustice is being done to him. That is why he knocked at the doors of the higher court," Chudasama said, during his interaction with reporters.
Though Bokhiria was also present at the press meet, he remained silent when reporters questioned him, preferring to let Chudasama and Gujarat BJP president R C Faldu defend him.
Chudasama claimed that since Bokhiria has already acquired a stay on the old verdict, it was of no importance.
"Babubhai feels that he is innocent. Thus, there is no question of removing him," Chudasama said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon