Arvind Kejriwal repeating allegations made by Congress earlier: BJP
Gandhinagar: Terming AAP as the B-team of Congress, Gujarat BJP on Friday said its leader Arvind Kejriwal was repeating allegations made earlier by the main opposition party in the state.
"Just like the Congress, the AAP levels false and baseless charges against us," Gujarat BJP unit chief R C Faldu said, adding AAP was nothing but the `B-team` of the main opposition Congress party in Gujarat.
"If we were corrupt, as claimed by Kejriwal, then why do the people of Gujarat elect us repeatedly," Faldu said.
Kejriwal had levelled 16 allegations against Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s government and on Friday went on to meet Modi at his Gandhinagar residence, but he was not given an appointment.
Replying to a question on why Modi did not give Kejriwal an appointment, Faldu feigned ignorance saying he had not heard of the incident, since he was out of the town.
When asked about the involvement of BJP workers in attacks on cars of Kejriwal and Manish Sisodia, Faldu argued that they would have hurt their feelings.
"Kejriwal or his men must have said something derogatory about Modi, which may not have gone well with party workers," Faldu said.
The BJP also rubbished corruption allegations by Kejriwal against two of the ministers, including state water resources minister Babu Bokhiria and claimed that "injustice" was being done to Bokhiria.
During a press conference at the BJP headquarters here on Friday, state agriculture minister Bhupendrasinh Chudasama defended BJP`s decision not to remove Bokhiria as minister, even after a lower court gave a verdict against him, regarding corruption charges against him.
"As a party, BJP feels that Bokhiria has not done anything wrong. So, why should BJP remove him? We feel that injustice is being done to him. That is why he knocked at the doors of the higher court," Chudasama said, during his interaction with reporters.
Though Bokhiria was also present at the press meet, he remained silent when reporters questioned him, preferring to let Chudasama and Gujarat BJP president R C Faldu defend him.
Chudasama claimed that since Bokhiria has already acquired a stay on the old verdict, it was of no importance.
"Babubhai feels that he is innocent. Thus, there is no question of removing him," Chudasama said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray