Arvind Kejriwal retweets post on Rahul, Modi; courts controversy
Zee Media Bureau/Biplob Ghosal
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal has courted another controversy by re-tweeting a post by music director Vishal Dadlani, in which he apparently called Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi a “moron” and BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi a “murderer”.
The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader, last night, retweeted Dadlani`s post which said: “Stuck between a moron and a murderer....what now, India!?”
Here`s Dadlani`s tweet:
Stuck between a moron and a murderer....what now, India!?
— VISHAL DADLANI (@VishalDadlani) January 27, 2014
The music director tweeted after Rahul Gandhi`s first interview after a gap of 10 years.
Dadlani is a known supporter of Kejriwal-led AAP.
Meanwhile, BJP leader Nirmala Sitharamam has criticised the tweet and warned Kejriwal about endorsing such controversial tweets.
Being a Chief Minister he should now be doubly conscious of what he endorses, if he doesn`t, he does not any business to retweet it and start this kind of language in the social media," Sitharamam told PTI.
"If comments are on public personalities, one occupying the position of Chief Minister of Gujarat and the other Member of Parliament. It may be the independent view of a music director, but the Chief Minister (Kejriwal) should have been conscious," she said.
In his one month tenure as Delhi Chief Minister, Kejriwal has been embroiled in many controversies like the Somanth Bharti episode, protest near Rail Bhawan against Delhi police and sacking of AAP MLA Vinod Kumar Binny after he he turned rebellious and called him a “dictator”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi