Asaram`s chopper violates landing norms
Jaipur: A chopper ferrying spiritual guru
Asaram Bapu allegedly landed twice in violation of norms
in Rajasthan`s Rajsamand district, risking the lives of his
followers who had gathered to hear his sermons, an official
Pilot Yadvendra Singh of the private Karina Airlines
has been served a show cause notice by sub-divisional
magistrates of Amet and Nathdwara asking him why the chopper
was landed in the areas yesterday without valid permission by
the district administration, the Rajsamand Collector Onkar
On the request of Asaram followers, permission was
granted for landing of the chopper in the specific limit and
helipad area, but it was grossly violated and the chopper
landed in the midst of a crowd near the camps, he said.
The district administration has taken serious note of
the violation of norms as it could have led to an untoward
incident, the Collector said, adding a large number of his
followers were present at Amet and Nathdwara towns, 280 kms
After receiving the reply from the pilot, a report
would be submitted to the Directorate General of Civil
Aviation for necessary action, Singh said.
However, the Collector said no notice was served to
the spiritual guru who hired the chopper.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'