AVM Bharti takes over as SAASO of Maintenance Command
Nagpur: Air Vice Marshal V S Bharti on Thursday took over as Senior Air & Administrative Staff Officer (SAASO), Maintenance Command of Indian Air Force.
He took over the charge from AVM JS Kler, who has proceeded to head the Air Wing of Border Security Force, an official release issued here said.
A highly experienced officer, AVM Bharti was commissioned into helicopter stream of Indian Air Force on December 11, 1981. He did his schooling in Mumbai and joined National Defense Academy (NDA) in 1978.
He is a qualified flying instructor and has flown nearly all types of helicopters and trainer aircraft. He has logged more than 5,400 hours in every conceivable role.
He was actively involved in IPKF Operations at Sri Lanka, for which he was awarded Yudha Seva Medal.
Prior to his posting as SAASO Maintenance Command, he served as Air Attache at KYIV Ukraine, Director IDC at Air Headquarters, SASO at Air Officer Commanding J&K, Air Officer Commanding Air Force Station Yelahanka and Deputy Commandant Air Force Academy.
For his dedication to duty and selfless service, he was awarded Vayu Sena Medal and Vishist Seva Medal, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional