AVM Bharti takes over as SAASO of Maintenance Command
Nagpur: Air Vice Marshal V S Bharti on Thursday took over as Senior Air & Administrative Staff Officer (SAASO), Maintenance Command of Indian Air Force.
He took over the charge from AVM JS Kler, who has proceeded to head the Air Wing of Border Security Force, an official release issued here said.
A highly experienced officer, AVM Bharti was commissioned into helicopter stream of Indian Air Force on December 11, 1981. He did his schooling in Mumbai and joined National Defense Academy (NDA) in 1978.
He is a qualified flying instructor and has flown nearly all types of helicopters and trainer aircraft. He has logged more than 5,400 hours in every conceivable role.
He was actively involved in IPKF Operations at Sri Lanka, for which he was awarded Yudha Seva Medal.
Prior to his posting as SAASO Maintenance Command, he served as Air Attache at KYIV Ukraine, Director IDC at Air Headquarters, SASO at Air Officer Commanding J&K, Air Officer Commanding Air Force Station Yelahanka and Deputy Commandant Air Force Academy.
For his dedication to duty and selfless service, he was awarded Vayu Sena Medal and Vishist Seva Medal, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore