Avoid multiplicity of anti-corruption agencies: Experts
New Delhi: The functioning of CBI and CVC should be integrated with that of Lokpal as otherise it would lead to a turf-war between the three agencies, experts suggested during the CVC golden jubilee function here on Wednesday.
"Today, we are talking of Lokpal. Has CVC failed? No CVC has not failed. Don`t talk rubbish about Lokpal. Let us strengthen CVC," Journalist Vineet Narain said.
Speaking at the Golden Jubilee function on `CVC: The way forward`, Narain said rather than creating a number of anti-corruption agencies, more experts and additional powers should be given to CVC to fight corruption in the system.
He also said the Central Vigilance Officer should not be part of the ministry where they are working instead they should be part of CVC.
The journalist, whose famous petition in hawala case had resulted in enactment of CVC Act, said how can a junior officer bring complaint against his senior knowing that his role of CVO is only for a few days.
Activist and politician Jaiprakash Narayan also advocated CVC should be integrated with Lokpal.
"Creating a number of agencies to fight corruption is a very unsmart idea to govern India," he said.
He also suggested CVC must prepare a dossier of every senior officer which should be developed on the reputation of the officer and not on the basis of confidential report.
Former CBI Director and now a member of the Union Public Service Commission AP Singh said he had suggested that the CBI Chief should be made ex-officio member of the Lokpal.
He said CVC has a pivotal role in the trinity of CBI, CVC and Lokpal.
"I would now like to suggest that for the harmony among three agencies--the Director of CBI should be an ex-officio member of CVC and CVC should be an ex-officio member of the Lokpal," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- US envoy calls on Syria rebels to respect truce
- Bond girl? Nah, not good enough! Priyanka Chopra has bigger dreams – Details inside
- UBHL seeks time till July to file results due to Mallya cases
- 'Paa' Amitabh Bachchan liked my performance in 'Sarbjit': Aishwarya
- No fun working with Kangana if her role is small: Irrfan Khan