Avoid multiplicity of anti-corruption agencies: Experts
New Delhi: The functioning of CBI and CVC should be integrated with that of Lokpal as otherise it would lead to a turf-war between the three agencies, experts suggested during the CVC golden jubilee function here on Wednesday.
"Today, we are talking of Lokpal. Has CVC failed? No CVC has not failed. Don`t talk rubbish about Lokpal. Let us strengthen CVC," Journalist Vineet Narain said.
Speaking at the Golden Jubilee function on `CVC: The way forward`, Narain said rather than creating a number of anti-corruption agencies, more experts and additional powers should be given to CVC to fight corruption in the system.
He also said the Central Vigilance Officer should not be part of the ministry where they are working instead they should be part of CVC.
The journalist, whose famous petition in hawala case had resulted in enactment of CVC Act, said how can a junior officer bring complaint against his senior knowing that his role of CVO is only for a few days.
Activist and politician Jaiprakash Narayan also advocated CVC should be integrated with Lokpal.
"Creating a number of agencies to fight corruption is a very unsmart idea to govern India," he said.
He also suggested CVC must prepare a dossier of every senior officer which should be developed on the reputation of the officer and not on the basis of confidential report.
Former CBI Director and now a member of the Union Public Service Commission AP Singh said he had suggested that the CBI Chief should be made ex-officio member of the Lokpal.
He said CVC has a pivotal role in the trinity of CBI, CVC and Lokpal.
"I would now like to suggest that for the harmony among three agencies--the Director of CBI should be an ex-officio member of CVC and CVC should be an ex-officio member of the Lokpal," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Special panel on India's NSG membership bid? We're not aware, says China
- Ruby Rai, Bihar Class 12 topper now under arrest for cheating, says she never wanted to top the exam
- Euro 2016: Iceland stun England in one of greatest ever shocks
- Three new suicide attacks in Lebanon village near Syria
- Preparing for Brexit, Britain may see new PM by early September