`Ayodhya verdict a golden chance for all sections`
Nagpur: The Allahabad High Court
verdict on Ayodhya title suits has provided a "golden chance"
to every section of the society, particularly Muslims, to make
a new beginning in the spirit of affectionate co-existence,
RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat said on Sunday.
Addressing the annual Dussehra rally at Reshim Bagh
ground here, he said, "Ram Mandir is our pride and there are
hundreds of Ram Mandirs in the county but Ayodhya is
significant since it was the birth place of Lord Rama.
"It was a national monument. It was demolished by then
rulers to create a new structure," Bhagwat said.
"The High Court verdict has provided a golden chance
to bury our communal differences and march with hands
together," he said.
Criticising `secularists`, Bhagwat said, "Till the
pronouncement of verdict, we were often asked if we will abide
by the HC decision. The verdict is not at all against any one
but of course some people were not expecting it."
Claiming the issue involved the question of seeking
votes from a certain quarter, Bhagwat said that some people
are indulging in policy of dividing the society and warned
Hindus to be wary of such elements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH