Baba Ramdev must not go by any assurances: Bedi
New Delhi: Former IPS officer Kiran Bedi has given a piece of advice to Yoga guru Baba Ramdev, who on Thursday started his agitation against corruption and black money at the Ramlila Maidan here.
In a tweet, Bedi said, “Baba must not go by any assurances! Past record shows none of them were honoured. Be it PM`s letter or unanimous resolution of Parliament!”
Erstwhile Team Anna, of which Kiran Bedi was a member, has in the past accused the UPA government and all political parties of betraying the people by not keeping the promises they have made unanimously.
While addressing supporters at the Ramlila Maidan, Baba Ramdev took a dig at Anna Hazare, saying, “I have no political ambitions”.
However, he announced that he still had Anna’s support and that the fight for the Lokpal bill wasn`t yet over.
“We welcome Justice Santosh Hegde, Kiran Bedi as this andolan is not to make any person an issue, but to make the system an issue and it needs to be changed for the betterment of the country,” the yoga guru added.
To this, Bedi tweeted: “Happy to see Baba Explaining what Movement Anna did. But was not telecast. I am glad it is being done now for larger public awareness.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?