Baba Ramdev must not go by any assurances: Bedi
New Delhi: Former IPS officer Kiran Bedi has given a piece of advice to Yoga guru Baba Ramdev, who on Thursday started his agitation against corruption and black money at the Ramlila Maidan here.
In a tweet, Bedi said, “Baba must not go by any assurances! Past record shows none of them were honoured. Be it PM`s letter or unanimous resolution of Parliament!”
Erstwhile Team Anna, of which Kiran Bedi was a member, has in the past accused the UPA government and all political parties of betraying the people by not keeping the promises they have made unanimously.
While addressing supporters at the Ramlila Maidan, Baba Ramdev took a dig at Anna Hazare, saying, “I have no political ambitions”.
However, he announced that he still had Anna’s support and that the fight for the Lokpal bill wasn`t yet over.
“We welcome Justice Santosh Hegde, Kiran Bedi as this andolan is not to make any person an issue, but to make the system an issue and it needs to be changed for the betterment of the country,” the yoga guru added.
To this, Bedi tweeted: “Happy to see Baba Explaining what Movement Anna did. But was not telecast. I am glad it is being done now for larger public awareness.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- IPL 2016: Rising Pune Supergiants fail yet again as Gujarat Lions continue strong run in maiden season
- AgustaWestland deal: Centre rejects charge that PM Modi struck deal with Italy
- Man wanted in 14 cases arrested after gun-battle in Odisha, 2 injured
- Pakistan playing to gallery in publicising Kashmir issue: Ex-envoy SK Lambah
- Nagaland HSLC (Class 10) and HSSLC (Class 12) Result 2016 is likely to be declared on May 3