Baba Ramdev must not go by any assurances: Bedi
New Delhi: Former IPS officer Kiran Bedi has given a piece of advice to Yoga guru Baba Ramdev, who on Thursday started his agitation against corruption and black money at the Ramlila Maidan here.
In a tweet, Bedi said, “Baba must not go by any assurances! Past record shows none of them were honoured. Be it PM`s letter or unanimous resolution of Parliament!”
Erstwhile Team Anna, of which Kiran Bedi was a member, has in the past accused the UPA government and all political parties of betraying the people by not keeping the promises they have made unanimously.
While addressing supporters at the Ramlila Maidan, Baba Ramdev took a dig at Anna Hazare, saying, “I have no political ambitions”.
However, he announced that he still had Anna’s support and that the fight for the Lokpal bill wasn`t yet over.
“We welcome Justice Santosh Hegde, Kiran Bedi as this andolan is not to make any person an issue, but to make the system an issue and it needs to be changed for the betterment of the country,” the yoga guru added.
To this, Bedi tweeted: “Happy to see Baba Explaining what Movement Anna did. But was not telecast. I am glad it is being done now for larger public awareness.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video