Baba Ramdev must not go by any assurances: Bedi
New Delhi: Former IPS officer Kiran Bedi has given a piece of advice to Yoga guru Baba Ramdev, who on Thursday started his agitation against corruption and black money at the Ramlila Maidan here.
In a tweet, Bedi said, “Baba must not go by any assurances! Past record shows none of them were honoured. Be it PM`s letter or unanimous resolution of Parliament!”
Erstwhile Team Anna, of which Kiran Bedi was a member, has in the past accused the UPA government and all political parties of betraying the people by not keeping the promises they have made unanimously.
While addressing supporters at the Ramlila Maidan, Baba Ramdev took a dig at Anna Hazare, saying, “I have no political ambitions”.
However, he announced that he still had Anna’s support and that the fight for the Lokpal bill wasn`t yet over.
“We welcome Justice Santosh Hegde, Kiran Bedi as this andolan is not to make any person an issue, but to make the system an issue and it needs to be changed for the betterment of the country,” the yoga guru added.
To this, Bedi tweeted: “Happy to see Baba Explaining what Movement Anna did. But was not telecast. I am glad it is being done now for larger public awareness.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account