Baby Falak back on ventilator support
New Delhi: Two-year-old Falak, who has been battling for life after being battered by a teenage girl, has been put back on ventilator as she developed breathing problems, All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) doctors said Sunday.
"She had breathing problems since Saturday night. We put her back on ventilator support. We are constantly monitoring her condition," Deepak Agrawal, assistant professor, neurosurgery, at the AIIMS Trauma Centre said.
Falak was taken off the ventilator early Friday.
According to the team of doctors monitoring her condition, though her vital parameters are stable she is still critical.
"She is still critical as the culture test report had indicated that she has infection in her blood, brain fluid and chest," Agrawal said.
"For the past six days we are administering strong antibiotics. We will continue this for two to three days and see how she responds. If the infection worsens, we might go for another surgery," he added.
Falak was brought to AIIMS Jan 18, with severe head injuries and bite marks all over her face, by a 14-year-old girl who is now in a juvenile home.
Battling chest, brain and blood infections, she is being fed through a tube.
Four people have been arrested in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands