Baby Falak back on ventilator support
New Delhi: Two-year-old Falak, who has been battling for life after being battered by a teenage girl, has been put back on ventilator as she developed breathing problems, All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) doctors said Sunday.
"She had breathing problems since Saturday night. We put her back on ventilator support. We are constantly monitoring her condition," Deepak Agrawal, assistant professor, neurosurgery, at the AIIMS Trauma Centre said.
Falak was taken off the ventilator early Friday.
According to the team of doctors monitoring her condition, though her vital parameters are stable she is still critical.
"She is still critical as the culture test report had indicated that she has infection in her blood, brain fluid and chest," Agrawal said.
"For the past six days we are administering strong antibiotics. We will continue this for two to three days and see how she responds. If the infection worsens, we might go for another surgery," he added.
Falak was brought to AIIMS Jan 18, with severe head injuries and bite marks all over her face, by a 14-year-old girl who is now in a juvenile home.
Battling chest, brain and blood infections, she is being fed through a tube.
Four people have been arrested in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Athlete Dutee Chand qualifies for Rio Olympics in 100m sprint
- Enthusiasm in social networking may earn you a job: ASSOCHAM report
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- Football Transfer: Barcelona's Dani Alves undergoes Juventus medical
- Sterling hits 31-year low, gilt yield below 1% for first time ever
- Google Chief Executive Officer Sundar Pichai's Quora account hacked
- Who are potential successors to RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan?
- Messi Vs Ronaldo: Should Cristiano Ronaldo too quit if Portugal fail to win Euro 2016?