Be catalyst for development: Prez to newly inducted IAS
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee on Friday asked the newly inducted IAS officers to work as an agent of change to ensure development of the nation.
Interacting with a group of 33 officer trainees of State Civil Services, promoted to the IAS, he said that the public expectations were increasing and people were increasingly becoming conscious of their rights.
He urged the officers to play their role of catalytic agents in helping people become partners in development, a Rashtrapati Bhavan spokesperson said in a statement.
The President stated that the Civil Service Officers are the most important instrument for implementing decisions of the political executive.
He hoped that the period of training would be rewarding for the officers and they will dedicate their services to building the nation.
The President congratulated all the trainee officers on their promotion to the IAS.
These officers are presently undergoing an eight-week Induction Training Programme at the Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration, Mussoorie.
Mukherjee said that the induction course provides them an opportunity to share their experiences.
"Each state over the years has developed a particular administrative and work culture and therefore, sharing of those experiences would be enrichment," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred