Bedi says Anna’s kidney infected; Kejriwal says no
New Delhi: Doctors on Monday said fasting Anna
Hazare was fine but one of his key aides Kiran Bedi claimed
his kidney was "infected" only to be denied later by another
close associate Arvind Kejriwal.
Though doctors said Hazare was fine, his close
associates expressed worries over the health condition of the
73-year-old anti-corruption crusader.
"Anna`s blood pressure is okay but his kidney has been
infected," Bedi told the gathering at Ramlila Maidan this
However later in the night, Kejriwal told the protesters
that Hazare was fine and had gone to sleep. "There is no
infection in his kidney," he said.
The whole day, Hazare did not address the gathering, a
regular feature in the past six days. He used to address at
least twice in the day but today was an exception.
Most of the day, Hazare lay on a mattress on the dais
though he spoke with some close colleagues about the course of
Earlier in the day, Hazare`s close associate Manish
Sisodia told reporters here that "Hazare has lost five
kilograms in the past seven days. His weight has come down to
67 from 72 kg. His blood pressure is 130/80 and pulse rate
"Doctors say his health is okay but we are worried," he
said. Kejriwal said the ketone level in Hazare`s blood and
urine has risen slightly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor