Bedi says Anna’s kidney infected; Kejriwal says no
New Delhi: Doctors on Monday said fasting Anna
Hazare was fine but one of his key aides Kiran Bedi claimed
his kidney was "infected" only to be denied later by another
close associate Arvind Kejriwal.
Though doctors said Hazare was fine, his close
associates expressed worries over the health condition of the
73-year-old anti-corruption crusader.
"Anna`s blood pressure is okay but his kidney has been
infected," Bedi told the gathering at Ramlila Maidan this
However later in the night, Kejriwal told the protesters
that Hazare was fine and had gone to sleep. "There is no
infection in his kidney," he said.
The whole day, Hazare did not address the gathering, a
regular feature in the past six days. He used to address at
least twice in the day but today was an exception.
Most of the day, Hazare lay on a mattress on the dais
though he spoke with some close colleagues about the course of
Earlier in the day, Hazare`s close associate Manish
Sisodia told reporters here that "Hazare has lost five
kilograms in the past seven days. His weight has come down to
67 from 72 kg. His blood pressure is 130/80 and pulse rate
"Doctors say his health is okay but we are worried," he
said. Kejriwal said the ketone level in Hazare`s blood and
urine has risen slightly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof