Bhilai gas leak: Modi assures Raman Singh assistance
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday assured Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh of all necessary assistance for rescue and relief operations in gas leak accident at the Bhilai Steel Plant, a statement from the Prime Minister`s Office said.
The prime minister also assured assistance for the treatment of those affected, the statement added.
Modi spoke to Home Minister Rajnath Singh and directed the central government to coordinate with the state government`s relief operations at the Bhilai Steel Plant.
Modi offered his condolences to the family members of those who lost their lives in the accident Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- I want to play a warrior: Tabu
- Weeds, less water could spell death for Chandigarh's Sukhna Lake
- F&B giant Pepsico end decade-long association with India's ODI captain MS Dhoni
- Committee flags gaps, vulnerability in Indo-Pak border fencing
- Argentine football legend Diego Maradona's passport stolen, unable to travel to Dubai