Bhushan to move HC in stamp duty evasion order
New Delhi: Team Anna member Shanti Bhushan
on Friday termed as "illegal" the order of Assistant Stamp
Commission slapping a fine of Rs 27 lakh on him for evading
stamp duty to the tune of Rs 1.35 crore on a property in
Allahabad and said he will challenge it in the high court.
"This order has been clearly made under political
pressure...," Bhushan said in a statement.
"This order.... is totally illegal and contrary to the law
clearly laid down in AIR 1986 Allahabad 107 case. Section 47A
which deals with evasion of Stamp Duty and has been applied by
the stamp collector is not even applicable in this case.
The statement alleged, "...even the stamp collector had
told the counsel of Shanti Bhushan that there is a lot of
political pressure in this case. This illegal order will be
challenged in the HC through a writ petition."
His comments came as Assistant Stamp Commissioner KP
Pandey said that Bhushan has evaded stamp duty to the tune of
Rs 1.35 crore in the purchase of a prime property in Allahabad
and has been been slapped with a fine of over Rs 27 lakh on
the outstanding amount.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah