Bhutan King accorded ceremonial reception at Rashtrapati Bhawan
New Delhi: Bhutan King Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck, who has been invited as the chief guest for this year`s Republic Day parade, was given a ceremonial reception at the Rashtrapati Bhawan here Friday morning.
He was received by President Pranab Mukherjee and Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh.
He inspected the guard of honour and also met members of the Indian Cabinet.
Accompanied by Queen Jetsun Pema, the Bhutan King is on a eight-day state visit to India. He also paid floral tributes at Rajghat, the memorial of Father of The Nation, Mahatma Gandhi.
Later today, the Bhutan King will call on the President and meet Prime Minister Dr Singh.
During his visit, he will also hold talks with Vice President Mohammad Hamid Ansari, Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde and Leader of the Opposition in the Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj.
The King`s visit will contribute to further strengthening and expanding the close bilateral relations between India and Bhutan.
The unique and special relations between the two neighbouring countries are characterized by everlasting friendship, deep understanding and mutual trust.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part II
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part III
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II
- Outsiders should respect regional order in South China Sea: Beijing
- Japan, Canada share "serious concerns" on South China Sea: Shinzo Abe
- Twitter modifies 140-character limit, gives a bit more space to tweet!
- Tech Mahindra becomes 3rd entity to quit payments bank plan; cites margin concerns
- Sad but true! Women in India earn 19% less than men, says report