Bhutan King accorded ceremonial reception at Rashtrapati Bhawan
New Delhi: Bhutan King Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck, who has been invited as the chief guest for this year`s Republic Day parade, was given a ceremonial reception at the Rashtrapati Bhawan here Friday morning.
He was received by President Pranab Mukherjee and Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh.
He inspected the guard of honour and also met members of the Indian Cabinet.
Accompanied by Queen Jetsun Pema, the Bhutan King is on a eight-day state visit to India. He also paid floral tributes at Rajghat, the memorial of Father of The Nation, Mahatma Gandhi.
Later today, the Bhutan King will call on the President and meet Prime Minister Dr Singh.
During his visit, he will also hold talks with Vice President Mohammad Hamid Ansari, Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde and Leader of the Opposition in the Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj.
The King`s visit will contribute to further strengthening and expanding the close bilateral relations between India and Bhutan.
The unique and special relations between the two neighbouring countries are characterized by everlasting friendship, deep understanding and mutual trust.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP