Bhutan King accorded ceremonial reception at Rashtrapati Bhawan
New Delhi: Bhutan King Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck, who has been invited as the chief guest for this year`s Republic Day parade, was given a ceremonial reception at the Rashtrapati Bhawan here Friday morning.
He was received by President Pranab Mukherjee and Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh.
He inspected the guard of honour and also met members of the Indian Cabinet.
Accompanied by Queen Jetsun Pema, the Bhutan King is on a eight-day state visit to India. He also paid floral tributes at Rajghat, the memorial of Father of The Nation, Mahatma Gandhi.
Later today, the Bhutan King will call on the President and meet Prime Minister Dr Singh.
During his visit, he will also hold talks with Vice President Mohammad Hamid Ansari, Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde and Leader of the Opposition in the Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj.
The King`s visit will contribute to further strengthening and expanding the close bilateral relations between India and Bhutan.
The unique and special relations between the two neighbouring countries are characterized by everlasting friendship, deep understanding and mutual trust.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Can you believe it? Ranbir Kapoor, Ranveer Singh danced to 'Dilli Wali Girlfriend' setting the party on fire!- WATCH
- Arshad Warsi all set to don director's hat!
- GST Bill: Arun Jaitley to meet state finance ministers on Tuesday
- 'Madaari' Box Office collections: Irrfan Khan starrer mints Rs 5.75 crores
- Narsingh Yadav cries foul after dope test shock, says truth will come out