Bhutan King accorded ceremonial reception at Rashtrapati Bhawan
New Delhi: Bhutan King Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck, who has been invited as the chief guest for this year`s Republic Day parade, was given a ceremonial reception at the Rashtrapati Bhawan here Friday morning.
He was received by President Pranab Mukherjee and Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh.
He inspected the guard of honour and also met members of the Indian Cabinet.
Accompanied by Queen Jetsun Pema, the Bhutan King is on a eight-day state visit to India. He also paid floral tributes at Rajghat, the memorial of Father of The Nation, Mahatma Gandhi.
Later today, the Bhutan King will call on the President and meet Prime Minister Dr Singh.
During his visit, he will also hold talks with Vice President Mohammad Hamid Ansari, Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde and Leader of the Opposition in the Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj.
The King`s visit will contribute to further strengthening and expanding the close bilateral relations between India and Bhutan.
The unique and special relations between the two neighbouring countries are characterized by everlasting friendship, deep understanding and mutual trust.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Meet Kirti Bharti, the new topper of Bihar Intermediate exams in Arts stream!
- Agra boy seeks PM Modi, CM Akhilesh's help for his blood cancer treatment
- Armoured cars now mandatory to accompany security forces in Kashmir
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- EU Parliament urges `immediate` triggering of Brexit process
- Union Minister fumes over Air India flight delay, demands explanation from airline
- IND Vs WI: Ajinkya Rahane relishing West Indies challenge as the new Vice Captain
- 'Humiliated' Quami Ekta Dal blames Akhilesh Yadav for cancellation of merger
- Europe presses Britain for quick exit to limit global fallout