Bhutan King accorded ceremonial reception at Rashtrapati Bhawan
New Delhi: Bhutan King Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck, who has been invited as the chief guest for this year`s Republic Day parade, was given a ceremonial reception at the Rashtrapati Bhawan here Friday morning.
He was received by President Pranab Mukherjee and Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh.
He inspected the guard of honour and also met members of the Indian Cabinet.
Accompanied by Queen Jetsun Pema, the Bhutan King is on a eight-day state visit to India. He also paid floral tributes at Rajghat, the memorial of Father of The Nation, Mahatma Gandhi.
Later today, the Bhutan King will call on the President and meet Prime Minister Dr Singh.
During his visit, he will also hold talks with Vice President Mohammad Hamid Ansari, Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde and Leader of the Opposition in the Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj.
The King`s visit will contribute to further strengthening and expanding the close bilateral relations between India and Bhutan.
The unique and special relations between the two neighbouring countries are characterized by everlasting friendship, deep understanding and mutual trust.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof