Bhutan King on 3-day visit to Kolkata
Kolkata: Bhutan King Jigme Khesar Namgyal
Wangchuk arrived here on Tuesday on a three-day visit during which
he would deliver the convocation address at the Calcutta
University and meet West Bengal Governor MK Narayanan and
Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee.
The King, accompanied by minister for works and human
settlement Limbo Yeshe Zimba, was received at NSC Bose
International Airport by the Governor, Higher Education
Minister Sudarshan Roychowdhury and Bhutan`s Consul-General in
Kolkata Tshering Wangda.
The King`s security was reviewed by the Governor at a
high-level meeting with Home Secretary GD Gautama, Kolkata
Police chief Gautam Mohan Chakraborty and IGP (South Bengal)
Sanjoy Mukherjee at Raj Bhavan last night.
The Bhutan consulate said the Governor would host a
dinner in honour of the visiting dignitary at Raj Bhavan.
The King is scheduled to visit Dakshineswar Kali temple,
the ancestral house of Tagore at Jorasanko and will meet the
governor and chief minister tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH