Bhutan King on 3-day visit to Kolkata
Kolkata: Bhutan King Jigme Khesar Namgyal
Wangchuk arrived here on Tuesday on a three-day visit during which
he would deliver the convocation address at the Calcutta
University and meet West Bengal Governor MK Narayanan and
Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee.
The King, accompanied by minister for works and human
settlement Limbo Yeshe Zimba, was received at NSC Bose
International Airport by the Governor, Higher Education
Minister Sudarshan Roychowdhury and Bhutan`s Consul-General in
Kolkata Tshering Wangda.
The King`s security was reviewed by the Governor at a
high-level meeting with Home Secretary GD Gautama, Kolkata
Police chief Gautam Mohan Chakraborty and IGP (South Bengal)
Sanjoy Mukherjee at Raj Bhavan last night.
The Bhutan consulate said the Governor would host a
dinner in honour of the visiting dignitary at Raj Bhavan.
The King is scheduled to visit Dakshineswar Kali temple,
the ancestral house of Tagore at Jorasanko and will meet the
governor and chief minister tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read