Bhutan King on 3-day visit to Kolkata
Kolkata: Bhutan King Jigme Khesar Namgyal
Wangchuk arrived here on Tuesday on a three-day visit during which
he would deliver the convocation address at the Calcutta
University and meet West Bengal Governor MK Narayanan and
Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee.
The King, accompanied by minister for works and human
settlement Limbo Yeshe Zimba, was received at NSC Bose
International Airport by the Governor, Higher Education
Minister Sudarshan Roychowdhury and Bhutan`s Consul-General in
Kolkata Tshering Wangda.
The King`s security was reviewed by the Governor at a
high-level meeting with Home Secretary GD Gautama, Kolkata
Police chief Gautam Mohan Chakraborty and IGP (South Bengal)
Sanjoy Mukherjee at Raj Bhavan last night.
The Bhutan consulate said the Governor would host a
dinner in honour of the visiting dignitary at Raj Bhavan.
The King is scheduled to visit Dakshineswar Kali temple,
the ancestral house of Tagore at Jorasanko and will meet the
governor and chief minister tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'