Big B bats for children equality
Mumbai: With the society still grappling with declining child sex ratio and preference for the male child still rampant, megastar Amitabh Bachchan has strongly spoken in favour of equal rights and treatment of both the male and female children.
The Bollywood icon says he had never differentiated between his daughter and son.
"I had made up my mind that they will be equal in everything I do. Jaya and I had decided long back that whatever little I had achieved will be equally divided between Shweta and Abhishek," he said while interacting with mediapersons here.
Shweta is the first born of the present generation of my family and she has been brought up in that manner, the doting father said.
"Being a lady, I felt she should be given space of the woman in the house because women are very important elements.
Even though she is now married and lives in a different city, her opinion is sought on important issues of the house and if we cannot take a decision on urgent matters, she advices us with maturity," Bachchan said.
The actor said even though it is widely believed that daughters are "paraya dhan", in his view, daughters have equal rights and share along with their brothers, on their parents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested