Big B bats for children equality
Mumbai: With the society still grappling with declining child sex ratio and preference for the male child still rampant, megastar Amitabh Bachchan has strongly spoken in favour of equal rights and treatment of both the male and female children.
The Bollywood icon says he had never differentiated between his daughter and son.
"I had made up my mind that they will be equal in everything I do. Jaya and I had decided long back that whatever little I had achieved will be equally divided between Shweta and Abhishek," he said while interacting with mediapersons here.
Shweta is the first born of the present generation of my family and she has been brought up in that manner, the doting father said.
"Being a lady, I felt she should be given space of the woman in the house because women are very important elements.
Even though she is now married and lives in a different city, her opinion is sought on important issues of the house and if we cannot take a decision on urgent matters, she advices us with maturity," Bachchan said.
The actor said even though it is widely believed that daughters are "paraya dhan", in his view, daughters have equal rights and share along with their brothers, on their parents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official
- PM Narendra Modi condemns attack on Kabul`s American University
- Italy earthquake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors
- Awwdorable: Vivek Dahiya singing 'Lag Ja Gale' to Divyanka Tripathi will melt your heart – Watch
- Here's PV Sindhu's REPLY to Telangana deputy CM who offered her a 'better coach' than Pullela Gopichand