Big B bats for children equality
Mumbai: With the society still grappling with declining child sex ratio and preference for the male child still rampant, megastar Amitabh Bachchan has strongly spoken in favour of equal rights and treatment of both the male and female children.
The Bollywood icon says he had never differentiated between his daughter and son.
"I had made up my mind that they will be equal in everything I do. Jaya and I had decided long back that whatever little I had achieved will be equally divided between Shweta and Abhishek," he said while interacting with mediapersons here.
Shweta is the first born of the present generation of my family and she has been brought up in that manner, the doting father said.
"Being a lady, I felt she should be given space of the woman in the house because women are very important elements.
Even though she is now married and lives in a different city, her opinion is sought on important issues of the house and if we cannot take a decision on urgent matters, she advices us with maturity," Bachchan said.
The actor said even though it is widely believed that daughters are "paraya dhan", in his view, daughters have equal rights and share along with their brothers, on their parents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam