BJP alleges assault on Sarabjit Singh `a planned move`
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) general secretary Rajiv Pratap Rudy on Saturday said that the assault on Sarabjit Singh was a planned move, and similar to the earlier attack on Chamel Singh, who was killed.
Rudy recalled that Chamel Singh was similarly attacked in a Lahore jail, and when his body was returned, some parts of his body was missing.
Rudy said: "Till date we do not know the exact reason for his death. Indian Government has not yet received the post-mortem report as yet."
Commenting on the recent assault on Sarabjit Singh he said, "This is a well planned strategy, which has been half executed. The Pakistan authorities were alerted well in advance that Sarabjit`s life is in danger, but no precautions were taken.
Criticising the UPA Government he further added, "Sarabjit`s family, lawyers and Sarabjit himself has said that his life is in danger. Knowing everything the Indian Government remained quiet. The Indian Government has already stooped down in front of China, Maldives, Sri Lanka and now Pakistan."
Earlier, senior leader of Congress party Rashid Masood on Saturday criticised the Pakistan Government over assault on Sarabjit Singh inside a Pakistani prison and said that their government should have been more careful.
He said: "This is the best way to take out the anger on India. The Pakistan Government should have been more careful in dealing with this sensitive issue, possibly even keeping him in a different or a separate cell. ...It was the duty of the Pakistani government to protect him and they have failed to do so."
Meanwhile, Counsel of Sarabjit Singh, has confirmed the incident and said, "A jail inmate has attacked Sarabjit Singh and prison authorities have brought him here in a serious condition. His health is critical and this incident is very disturbing. As this case is connected to the relations between India and Pakistan, I would pray that god saves Sarabjit Singh."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof