BJP asks Akhilesh to control wayward party workers
Lucknow: The BJP on Wednesday alleged some SP workers and leaders were bringing shame to Uttar Pradesh with their acts and instead of reining them, the state government was protecting them.
The ruling party should control such wayward activists who were posing a challenge to law and order in the state, BJP chief spokesman Vijay Bahadur Pathak told reporters here.
"With their acts, the SP men are bringing shame to the state. But, instead of controlling them the machinery of the state government is actually protecting them," he said.
Taking advantage of several power centres, the SP workers and leaders were themselves breaking law and the faith of people in the state, Pathak alleged.
In this context, he referred to yesterday`s incidents in Sitapur and Rae Bareli where sons of two SP leaders were booked.
One was booked for opening fire and the other for bulldozing the house of a Deputy Medical Officer.
Pathak also referred to the arrest of SP MLA Mahendra Singh in Goa following a raid in a dance bar saying this was unfortunate for the state.
Before this, a Cabinet minister also praised beauty of a woman, he said.
"The SP men have gone berserk and are without control," Pathak said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say