BJP dares UPA allies to withdraw support
Rampur (UP): Amid UPA`s ally Trinamool
Congress` veiled threat to pull out of the government over
recent petrol price hike, BJP on Sunday said if Manmohan Singh
rolls back the hike under pressure, the party`s assessment of
him being the weakest Prime Minister will become true.
"The BJP`s assessment of Manmohan Singh being the weakest
Prime Minister will come true if he rolls back the hike in
petrol prices," BJP vice-president Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said.
He said since the UPA government appeared to be unfazed
to criticism by allies on the matter which would burn holes in
consumers` pockets, "it is high time they should withdraw
support (to the UPA) to prove they are pro-people".
On allegations levelled by an IPS officer about
corruption in the fire department in Uttar Pradesh, Naqvi said
"instead of looking into this, he has been sent to a trauma
Political pressure to roll back the latest fuel price
hike is mounting, including from within the ruling UPA
coalition, with the Trinamool Congress holding out a veiled
threat to pull out of the coalition if the measure was not
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical