BJP declares 15 candidates for bypolls for three states
New Delhi: BJP on Thursday declared its fifteen candidates for the bye-elections for Assembly seats in Bihar, Karnataka and Madhya Pradesh.
The Central Election Committee (CEC) of the party declared 9 of its candidates from Bihar and three each from Madhya Pradesh and Karnataka, party General Secretary, J P Nadda, said.
In Bihar, among those selected by the party are -- Rashmi Verma (Narkatiaganj), Rampreet Paswan (Rajnagar-SC), Ramnivash Prasad (Jale), Kanhaiya Singh (Chapra), Avdhesh Kumar (Hajipur), Rajesh Singh (Mohiuddinnagar), Nabhay Choudhary (Bhagalpur), Ramnarayan Mandal (Banka) and Niranjan Ram (Mohania-SC).
In Karnataka, the party`s CEC decided to field Mahantesh Kavatagimath for the Chikkodi-Sadalga assembly seat, Obalesh for the Bellary (ST) seat and B Y Raghavendra for the Shikaripura seat.
In Madhya Pradesh, Sanjay Pathak would contest from Vijayraghavgarh assembly seat, Pranav Pandey from Bahoriband assembly seat and Gopal Parmar has been fielded by the party for the Agar (SC) seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!