BJP declares 15 candidates for bypolls for three states
New Delhi: BJP on Thursday declared its fifteen candidates for the bye-elections for Assembly seats in Bihar, Karnataka and Madhya Pradesh.
The Central Election Committee (CEC) of the party declared 9 of its candidates from Bihar and three each from Madhya Pradesh and Karnataka, party General Secretary, J P Nadda, said.
In Bihar, among those selected by the party are -- Rashmi Verma (Narkatiaganj), Rampreet Paswan (Rajnagar-SC), Ramnivash Prasad (Jale), Kanhaiya Singh (Chapra), Avdhesh Kumar (Hajipur), Rajesh Singh (Mohiuddinnagar), Nabhay Choudhary (Bhagalpur), Ramnarayan Mandal (Banka) and Niranjan Ram (Mohania-SC).
In Karnataka, the party`s CEC decided to field Mahantesh Kavatagimath for the Chikkodi-Sadalga assembly seat, Obalesh for the Bellary (ST) seat and B Y Raghavendra for the Shikaripura seat.
In Madhya Pradesh, Sanjay Pathak would contest from Vijayraghavgarh assembly seat, Pranav Pandey from Bahoriband assembly seat and Gopal Parmar has been fielded by the party for the Agar (SC) seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city