BJP declares 15 candidates for bypolls for three states
New Delhi: BJP on Thursday declared its fifteen candidates for the bye-elections for Assembly seats in Bihar, Karnataka and Madhya Pradesh.
The Central Election Committee (CEC) of the party declared 9 of its candidates from Bihar and three each from Madhya Pradesh and Karnataka, party General Secretary, J P Nadda, said.
In Bihar, among those selected by the party are -- Rashmi Verma (Narkatiaganj), Rampreet Paswan (Rajnagar-SC), Ramnivash Prasad (Jale), Kanhaiya Singh (Chapra), Avdhesh Kumar (Hajipur), Rajesh Singh (Mohiuddinnagar), Nabhay Choudhary (Bhagalpur), Ramnarayan Mandal (Banka) and Niranjan Ram (Mohania-SC).
In Karnataka, the party`s CEC decided to field Mahantesh Kavatagimath for the Chikkodi-Sadalga assembly seat, Obalesh for the Bellary (ST) seat and B Y Raghavendra for the Shikaripura seat.
In Madhya Pradesh, Sanjay Pathak would contest from Vijayraghavgarh assembly seat, Pranav Pandey from Bahoriband assembly seat and Gopal Parmar has been fielded by the party for the Agar (SC) seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate