BJP declares 15 candidates for bypolls for three states
New Delhi: BJP on Thursday declared its fifteen candidates for the bye-elections for Assembly seats in Bihar, Karnataka and Madhya Pradesh.
The Central Election Committee (CEC) of the party declared 9 of its candidates from Bihar and three each from Madhya Pradesh and Karnataka, party General Secretary, J P Nadda, said.
In Bihar, among those selected by the party are -- Rashmi Verma (Narkatiaganj), Rampreet Paswan (Rajnagar-SC), Ramnivash Prasad (Jale), Kanhaiya Singh (Chapra), Avdhesh Kumar (Hajipur), Rajesh Singh (Mohiuddinnagar), Nabhay Choudhary (Bhagalpur), Ramnarayan Mandal (Banka) and Niranjan Ram (Mohania-SC).
In Karnataka, the party`s CEC decided to field Mahantesh Kavatagimath for the Chikkodi-Sadalga assembly seat, Obalesh for the Bellary (ST) seat and B Y Raghavendra for the Shikaripura seat.
In Madhya Pradesh, Sanjay Pathak would contest from Vijayraghavgarh assembly seat, Pranav Pandey from Bahoriband assembly seat and Gopal Parmar has been fielded by the party for the Agar (SC) seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'