BJP demands best treatment for Sarabjit Singh
New Delhi: BJP Monday asked the government to ensure best medical treatment for Indian death row convict in Pakistani jail, Sarabjit Singh, who is lying in coma in a Lahore hospital after being brutally attacked.
"Sarabjit was attacked in a most barbaric fashion inside the jail and government of India ought to have taken steps to emphasise upon Pakistan authorities to give him adequate security after the hanging of Azmal Kasab and Afzal Guru," BJP spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad told reporters outside Parliament.
He charged the government with not taking steps to ensure and pressurise Pakistan to provide adequate security to Sarabjit.
"Now it should demand that Sarabjit should be getting best medical treatment. If it is not available in Pakistan then some alternative arrangements should be made to shift him from that hospital to a better hospital," BJP leader said.
"The immediate concern for all of us is that he must be given best treatment possible," he said.
Sarabjit, 49, sustained several injuries, including a skull fracture, when six prisoners attacked him in Kot Lakhpat Jail on Friday and doctors said his chances of survival are slim.
He was hit on the head with bricks and cut with sharp weapons. He is in a deep coma and on ventilator support in an intensive care unit of Jinnah Hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone