BJP flays Lalu for his remarks against upper caste
Patna: The BJP today flayed RJD supremo Lalu
Prasad for his remarks that no upper caste leader can become
Bihar Chief Minister given the success of his social justice
agenda during 15 years of his party`s rule in the state.
"Nobody has a right to make a sweeping statement on
others` right or qualification to hold elected posts,"
national BJP leader Dharmendra Pradhan told reporters here.
Prasad has intentionally made the remarks against upper
caste to create wedge between various caste groups for
electoral benefit in the forthcoming assembly polls, Pradhan
said adding it also reflected the narrow outlook of a leader
of Prasad`s stature.
Addressing RJD activists here yesterday Prasad said no
leader from forward communities could dream of becoming Chief
Minister of the state.
Pradhan, who is also the co-incharge of the state unit
BJP, alleged Prasad was making contradictory statements
vis-a-vis the upper castes as he had earlier proposed to
provide for 10 per cent job quota for them if the RJD-LJP
combine got elected.
Contrary to the casteist politics being played out by the
principal opposition alliance, the NDA firmly believed in the
development agenda, the senior BJP leader said.
On the seat sharing formula between the coalition
partners, the BJP and JD(U), Pradhan said the two parties will
contest as many seats as they had contested in October 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!