BJP flays Lalu for his remarks against upper caste
Patna: The BJP today flayed RJD supremo Lalu
Prasad for his remarks that no upper caste leader can become
Bihar Chief Minister given the success of his social justice
agenda during 15 years of his party`s rule in the state.
"Nobody has a right to make a sweeping statement on
others` right or qualification to hold elected posts,"
national BJP leader Dharmendra Pradhan told reporters here.
Prasad has intentionally made the remarks against upper
caste to create wedge between various caste groups for
electoral benefit in the forthcoming assembly polls, Pradhan
said adding it also reflected the narrow outlook of a leader
of Prasad`s stature.
Addressing RJD activists here yesterday Prasad said no
leader from forward communities could dream of becoming Chief
Minister of the state.
Pradhan, who is also the co-incharge of the state unit
BJP, alleged Prasad was making contradictory statements
vis-a-vis the upper castes as he had earlier proposed to
provide for 10 per cent job quota for them if the RJD-LJP
combine got elected.
Contrary to the casteist politics being played out by the
principal opposition alliance, the NDA firmly believed in the
development agenda, the senior BJP leader said.
On the seat sharing formula between the coalition
partners, the BJP and JD(U), Pradhan said the two parties will
contest as many seats as they had contested in October 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon