BJP has no moral right to speak on corruption: Sachin Pilot
Lucknow: Union Minister of State for
Communication Sachin Pilot on Friday said BJP has no moral right
to speak on corruption as it had buckled under pressure in the
case of Karnataka Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa, who
continues to hold office despite facing graft charges.
"BJP has no moral right to talk about corruption as it
had buckled under pressure and asked Yeddyurappa to continue
as Karnataka Chief Minister even though graft charges have
been proved against him," Pilot told reporters here.
Accusing BJP of following double standards, he said, "By
asking Yeddyurappa to continue, BJP has institutionalised
On 2G spectrum scam, Pilot said, "Agencies are probing
the whole issue and CAG had also submitted its report."
When asked why the government was not conceding to the
opposition`s demand of a Joint Parliamentary Committee probe
into the 2G scam, he said, "Once the CAG report is tabled in
the house, it is debated and then referred to Public Accounts
Committee. BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi is the chairman of
the PAC. He should look into the CAG report and make
recommendation. What is the need of breaking this series?"
"We are in favour of having a debate over the CAG report
in the Parliament, but the opposition should allow the House
to proceed," he said.
Pilot alleged central funds are not reaching the real
beneficiaries in Uttar Pradesh.
"There is complete maladministration and plundering in
UP. There is no account of where the funds being provided by
the Centre are going and one thing is sure that the benefit is
not reaching the villages," he said.
On whether Rahul`s charm failed in Bihar with Congress
failing to put up a good show in this year`s state Assembly
elections, Pilot said, "This is completely wrong. Though we
wanted to win more seats, but also we knew we were not in a
position to form the government. Moreover after a long gap,
the party decided to go on its own in Bihar."
Congress won only four seats in the election, which is
five seats less than what it had got last time.
The party had won nine and 10 seats respectively in
November 2005 and February 2005 assembly elections in the
state when it had allied with Lalu Prasad`s RJD and Ram Vilas
Paswan`s LJP respectively.
It had got 23 seats in the 2000 assembly elections in
undivided Bihar, when it had contested alone. Out of this, 12
had gone to Jharkhand after the bifurcation of the state,
leaving the Congress strength in Bihar to 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results declared