BJP joins issue with PM on coalition dharma comment
New Delhi: Main opposition BJP on Thursday joined
issue with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on his "compulsions
of coalition dharma" comment, asking him to clarify what
"helplessness" was there in appointing P J Thomas as CVC.
"What was the helplessness in appointment of CVC. What
coalition dharma was there in it? Government should remember
Raj Dharma. It has not taken oath to uphold coalition dharma,"
BJP spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain said.
He asked Singh to explain to the nation the compulsions
in appointing Thomas as CVC.
"The Prime Minister should tell the country about the
appointment of Thomas as CVC. There were three voters- PM,
Home Minister and Leader of the Opposition in Lok Sabha. Why
did the first two vote for Thomas," Hussain asked.
BJP alleged that the Prime Minister was justifying
corruption in the name of coalition politics.
"The Prime Minister says, I am helpless. The helpless PM
should tell us why he said yesterday that he is allowing
corruption due to compulsions of coalition politics. The
country will never condone this," Hussain said.
The party alleged that though the PM himself never
contests elections he "scares" others by often making a
mention of them.
"He says every six months we will have to go for polls.
He is not an astrologer....," Hussain said.
The BJP spokesperson maintained that Atal Bihari
Vajpayee had sacrificed his 13-month-old government but did
not bow to corruption from coalition partners.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie