‘BJP Parl Board will decide on PM candidate’
New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Wednesday said the party`s Parliamentary Board will decide if the 2014 General Elections would be fought under collective leadership or a prime ministerial candidate will be projected.
"The decision will be taken at an appropriate time by the Parliamentary Board. It will decide if a leader is to be projected or not," said Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj.
"When it is decided, you will be informed," she said, adding that though the party projects a leader in Assembly polls, it also contests elections in states under collective leadership.
Sushma Swaraj, who held a joint press conference with party leader Arun Jaitley, said there was no tussle on the leadership issue.
There has been heightened speculation about BJP`s prime ministerial candidate after Advani last month announced his plans to go on an anti-corruption rath yatra and Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi went on a sadbhavna fast earlier this month. Both Sushma Swaraj and Jaitley are seen as contenders for the post.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- PM condoles death of Naga leader Isak Swu
- Photo alert! Divyanka Tripathi and Vivek Dahiya’s pre-wedding shoot looks like a fairytale
- Watch: Tiger Shroff, alleged girlfriend Disha Patani's sizzling chemistry is unmissable in 'Befikra'!
- Three Naxals shot dead by security forces in Chhattisgarh
- Drug that helps addicts may benefit cancer patients too