‘BJP Parl Board will decide on PM candidate’
New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Wednesday said the party`s Parliamentary Board will decide if the 2014 General Elections would be fought under collective leadership or a prime ministerial candidate will be projected.
"The decision will be taken at an appropriate time by the Parliamentary Board. It will decide if a leader is to be projected or not," said Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj.
"When it is decided, you will be informed," she said, adding that though the party projects a leader in Assembly polls, it also contests elections in states under collective leadership.
Sushma Swaraj, who held a joint press conference with party leader Arun Jaitley, said there was no tussle on the leadership issue.
There has been heightened speculation about BJP`s prime ministerial candidate after Advani last month announced his plans to go on an anti-corruption rath yatra and Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi went on a sadbhavna fast earlier this month. Both Sushma Swaraj and Jaitley are seen as contenders for the post.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested