BJP slams Congress for politicising administrative reshuffle
New Delhi: Slamming the Congress for accusing BJP of trying to 'saffronise' bureaucracy in Delhi, the saffaron party on Saturday said that it should not politicise administrative reshuffles.
"Only two days ago, they (Congress) had welcomed the appointment of DM Sapolia as the chief secretary of Delhi saying that he was their choice. But when he started administrative reshuffling, the Congressmen termed it as saffronization. What happened within two days that they are not happy with the person of their choice?," Delhi BJP chief Satish Upadhyay said in a statement.
A delegation of Congress leaders had yesterday met Chief Election Commissioner and drew his attention to BJP's attempt to "saffronise" the bureaucracy in the national Capital after 20 IPS officers were transfered in Delhi Police.
"Due to directions of Election Commission and the President rule, regular transfers were not ordered during the previous one year and there were about 25 police stations in which the SHOs were not transferred for 3 to 4 years.
"In such conditions, it was not possible to stop the transfers and it is also a fact that matter of transfers in Delhi Police is not under the jurisdiction of Delhi Government.
Hence, by giving political color to these transfers, the Congress is expressing its frustration only," Upadhyay said.
He said a few months back, AAP chief Arvind Kejriwal had also said that the Lt. Governor has been 'Modified'.
"I advise both AAP and Congress not to indulge in politics of misleading the people and should not make political comments on the issue of administrative officers," Upadhyay added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister