BJP slams Congress for politicising administrative reshuffle
New Delhi: Slamming the Congress for accusing BJP of trying to 'saffronise' bureaucracy in Delhi, the saffaron party on Saturday said that it should not politicise administrative reshuffles.
"Only two days ago, they (Congress) had welcomed the appointment of DM Sapolia as the chief secretary of Delhi saying that he was their choice. But when he started administrative reshuffling, the Congressmen termed it as saffronization. What happened within two days that they are not happy with the person of their choice?," Delhi BJP chief Satish Upadhyay said in a statement.
A delegation of Congress leaders had yesterday met Chief Election Commissioner and drew his attention to BJP's attempt to "saffronise" the bureaucracy in the national Capital after 20 IPS officers were transfered in Delhi Police.
"Due to directions of Election Commission and the President rule, regular transfers were not ordered during the previous one year and there were about 25 police stations in which the SHOs were not transferred for 3 to 4 years.
"In such conditions, it was not possible to stop the transfers and it is also a fact that matter of transfers in Delhi Police is not under the jurisdiction of Delhi Government.
Hence, by giving political color to these transfers, the Congress is expressing its frustration only," Upadhyay said.
He said a few months back, AAP chief Arvind Kejriwal had also said that the Lt. Governor has been 'Modified'.
"I advise both AAP and Congress not to indulge in politics of misleading the people and should not make political comments on the issue of administrative officers," Upadhyay added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter