BJP slams Congress for politicising administrative reshuffle
New Delhi: Slamming the Congress for accusing BJP of trying to 'saffronise' bureaucracy in Delhi, the saffaron party on Saturday said that it should not politicise administrative reshuffles.
"Only two days ago, they (Congress) had welcomed the appointment of DM Sapolia as the chief secretary of Delhi saying that he was their choice. But when he started administrative reshuffling, the Congressmen termed it as saffronization. What happened within two days that they are not happy with the person of their choice?," Delhi BJP chief Satish Upadhyay said in a statement.
A delegation of Congress leaders had yesterday met Chief Election Commissioner and drew his attention to BJP's attempt to "saffronise" the bureaucracy in the national Capital after 20 IPS officers were transfered in Delhi Police.
"Due to directions of Election Commission and the President rule, regular transfers were not ordered during the previous one year and there were about 25 police stations in which the SHOs were not transferred for 3 to 4 years.
"In such conditions, it was not possible to stop the transfers and it is also a fact that matter of transfers in Delhi Police is not under the jurisdiction of Delhi Government.
Hence, by giving political color to these transfers, the Congress is expressing its frustration only," Upadhyay said.
He said a few months back, AAP chief Arvind Kejriwal had also said that the Lt. Governor has been 'Modified'.
"I advise both AAP and Congress not to indulge in politics of misleading the people and should not make political comments on the issue of administrative officers," Upadhyay added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’