BJP targets Cong with cartoons on coal scam
Jaipur: Protesting against the Congress-led UPA government over the multi-crore coal block allocation scam, BJP here today exhibited cartoons mocking Congress leaders posted on various social networking sites.
Over half-a-dozen such hoardings were put around the Ambedkar circle where the party held a state-level protest against the scam.
The hoardings with caricatures of Congress president Sonia Gandhi, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and other leaders allegedly involved in the scam were displayed for public viewing as part of the protest.
"The idea behind displaying hoardings was to highlight the coal scam among people effectively and impressively, and to make them aware of the approach of Congress," BJP state president Arun Chaturvedi said.
While addressing the crowds, the party leaders demanded Prime Minister`s resignation and jail terms for those involved in the scam.
BJP also slammed the Congress-led UPA government over the hike in diesel prices.
"Corruption is rampant in Congress-rule, whereas inflation is skyrocketing. The government hiked diesel price yesterday which should immediately be rolled back," he said.
As a mark of protest, Chaturvedi reached the protest venue on a bicycle
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers