BJP targets Cong with cartoons on coal scam
Jaipur: Protesting against the Congress-led UPA government over the multi-crore coal block allocation scam, BJP here today exhibited cartoons mocking Congress leaders posted on various social networking sites.
Over half-a-dozen such hoardings were put around the Ambedkar circle where the party held a state-level protest against the scam.
The hoardings with caricatures of Congress president Sonia Gandhi, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and other leaders allegedly involved in the scam were displayed for public viewing as part of the protest.
"The idea behind displaying hoardings was to highlight the coal scam among people effectively and impressively, and to make them aware of the approach of Congress," BJP state president Arun Chaturvedi said.
While addressing the crowds, the party leaders demanded Prime Minister`s resignation and jail terms for those involved in the scam.
BJP also slammed the Congress-led UPA government over the hike in diesel prices.
"Corruption is rampant in Congress-rule, whereas inflation is skyrocketing. The government hiked diesel price yesterday which should immediately be rolled back," he said.
As a mark of protest, Chaturvedi reached the protest venue on a bicycle
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India