BJP to oppose religion-based reservation: Rajnath
Moradabad: BJP president Rajnath Singh on Sunday said his party favoured reservation on socio-economic basis and would steadfastly oppose any religion-based quota.
"The BJP favours reservation on socio-economic basis," he said at a function here.
"If the UPA government tries to implement a reservation policy for Muslims, the BJP will oppose it," Singh said.
Alleging the UPA government had failed on all fronts, he said it was unable to tackle corruption and inflation.
On allegations about corruption in the fire department in Uttar Pradesh, levelled by an IPS officer, the BJP leader said voices of efficient officers were being curbed in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- England vs Sri Lanka, 2nd ODI: Alex Hales, Jason Roy power hosts to crushing win
- Tri-Nation series: Darren Bravo, Shannon Gabriel help West Indies topple South Africa
- China renews yellow alert for heat wave
- Navjot Singh Sidhu gets place in Punjab BJP core committee, Anil Joshi out
- She's just 8 months old but parents want mercy killing: Read her story