BJP to oppose religion-based reservation: Rajnath
Moradabad: BJP president Rajnath Singh on Sunday said his party favoured reservation on socio-economic basis and would steadfastly oppose any religion-based quota.
"The BJP favours reservation on socio-economic basis," he said at a function here.
"If the UPA government tries to implement a reservation policy for Muslims, the BJP will oppose it," Singh said.
Alleging the UPA government had failed on all fronts, he said it was unable to tackle corruption and inflation.
On allegations about corruption in the fire department in Uttar Pradesh, levelled by an IPS officer, the BJP leader said voices of efficient officers were being curbed in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption