BJP to oppose religion-based reservation: Rajnath
Moradabad: BJP president Rajnath Singh on Sunday said his party favoured reservation on socio-economic basis and would steadfastly oppose any religion-based quota.
"The BJP favours reservation on socio-economic basis," he said at a function here.
"If the UPA government tries to implement a reservation policy for Muslims, the BJP will oppose it," Singh said.
Alleging the UPA government had failed on all fronts, he said it was unable to tackle corruption and inflation.
On allegations about corruption in the fire department in Uttar Pradesh, levelled by an IPS officer, the BJP leader said voices of efficient officers were being curbed in the state.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India