BJP to oppose religion-based reservation: Rajnath
Moradabad: BJP president Rajnath Singh on Sunday said his party favoured reservation on socio-economic basis and would steadfastly oppose any religion-based quota.
"The BJP favours reservation on socio-economic basis," he said at a function here.
"If the UPA government tries to implement a reservation policy for Muslims, the BJP will oppose it," Singh said.
Alleging the UPA government had failed on all fronts, he said it was unable to tackle corruption and inflation.
On allegations about corruption in the fire department in Uttar Pradesh, levelled by an IPS officer, the BJP leader said voices of efficient officers were being curbed in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what