BJP to oppose religion-based reservation: Rajnath
Moradabad: BJP president Rajnath Singh on Sunday said his party favoured reservation on socio-economic basis and would steadfastly oppose any religion-based quota.
"The BJP favours reservation on socio-economic basis," he said at a function here.
"If the UPA government tries to implement a reservation policy for Muslims, the BJP will oppose it," Singh said.
Alleging the UPA government had failed on all fronts, he said it was unable to tackle corruption and inflation.
On allegations about corruption in the fire department in Uttar Pradesh, levelled by an IPS officer, the BJP leader said voices of efficient officers were being curbed in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news