BJP upbeat over FDI suspension
New Delhi: Expressing "happiness" over ending
of logjam in Parliament on the FDI in retail issue, BJP on Wednesday
said the government has finally "realised its mistake".
"Now they (government) have realised their mistake. We are
happy about it as the House was able to resume," BJP leader
Venkaih Naidu told reporters outside Parliament.
Government today announced the suspension of FDI in
retail trade decision, bringing Parliament back to business
after nine-day deadlock.
"Finally wisdom has prevailed upon the government. Though
they have used the word rollback, they have agreed to keep it
in abeyance till all the stakeholders which means state
governments, political parties and retail traders arrive at a
consensus," Naidu said.
Blaming the government for "wasting" 10 days of
Parliament, the former BJP chief said, "Government should have
done this 10 days back. They have wasted the time of
Parliament. They did it (FDI decision) without consulting
allies, opposition and also in the Congress party itself."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach