BJP upbeat over FDI suspension
New Delhi: Expressing "happiness" over ending
of logjam in Parliament on the FDI in retail issue, BJP on Wednesday
said the government has finally "realised its mistake".
"Now they (government) have realised their mistake. We are
happy about it as the House was able to resume," BJP leader
Venkaih Naidu told reporters outside Parliament.
Government today announced the suspension of FDI in
retail trade decision, bringing Parliament back to business
after nine-day deadlock.
"Finally wisdom has prevailed upon the government. Though
they have used the word rollback, they have agreed to keep it
in abeyance till all the stakeholders which means state
governments, political parties and retail traders arrive at a
consensus," Naidu said.
Blaming the government for "wasting" 10 days of
Parliament, the former BJP chief said, "Government should have
done this 10 days back. They have wasted the time of
Parliament. They did it (FDI decision) without consulting
allies, opposition and also in the Congress party itself."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery