BJP will emerge as single largest party in Lok Sabha polls: Survey
New Delhi: BJP will emerge as the single largest party in the coming Parliamentary elections, a survey has claimed.
"BJP has emerged as a clear winner across the country, (more so in north and west). Majority of young people, in the age group of 18 to 30, favoured the party. While in south, both BJP and Congress were running neck to neck," a survey said.
Majority of people from north (around 42 per cent) were unhappy with the performance of UPA-II and in a setback to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, the respondents rated his performance "even below his government`s performance", it claimed.
Narendra Modi has emerged as the favourable prime ministerial candidate as more than 60 per cent people expressed satisfaction on his performance, the survey said, adding that majority of people feels that the Gujarat Chief Minister should be declared as BJP`s PM candidate.
More than 60 per cent have rated Modi`s performance as good or very good, he was more popular among the voters from north, younger generation and affluent. 70 per cent respondents in Gujarat rated Modi`s performance as very good or good, with a mean score of 4.3, the survey said.
Modi clearly emerged as front runner for the post of Prime Minister, followed by Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi and Singh.
Across all zones except south, Modi emerged as the clear choice for the post of Prime Minister, while in south, he was neck to neck with Rahul Gandhi.
Singh`s performance was rated as poor and very poor among the north Indian voters, who rated his performance even below the performance of UPA-II government.
Around 40 per cent of the respondents feel that Singh was responsible for poor economic situation of the country. But surprisingly, in southern states, 45 per cent people held Finance Minister P Chidambaram responsible for it.
Congress may be calling itself as secular but people held both Congress and BJP equally responsible for communalisation of politics.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP