BJP would go to people on FDI issue: Naqvi
Guwahati: The UPA government winning the approval of Parliament for FDI in multi-brand retail "was not floor management but fund management", alleged BJP national spokesperson Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi here on Saturday.
Accusing Congress of playing the role of "middleman of fund management", Naqvi talking to reporters here alleged, "Two-third MPs opposed the motion against FDI, yet it got passed. The approval of the House was not floor management but fund management".
Naqvi said BJP would go to the grassroot level and apprise the people in the villages on how "FDI would cause loss to the country”.
"FDI is the new lollipop like the Nuclear Deal. Nothing came of that deal," the BJP leader averred.
Naqvi accused the UPA government of indulging in "anti-common people activities. Manmohan Singh is like a prime minister on deputation. The budget session next year will be their last".
On the infiltration issue in Assam, Naqvi accused the "Congress of ignoring the issue due to pressure from Bangladeshi infiltrators and some associate political parties".
"The most affected by infiltration are the indigenous Assamese Muslims in the state. We have been raising our voice in parliament against infiltration and for updating the National Register of Citizens. The NRC should be updated immediately on a war footing", the BJP leader demanded.
On giving Scheduled Tribe status to six ethnic communities in Assam, he said, that would be done immediately if the BJP comes to power.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city