Bomb attack not one-off incident: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Tuesday cautioned that the bomb
attack on an Israel embassy vehicle here should not be viewed
as a one-off incident and needed thorough investigation even
as it slammed the government over "failure" to solve the nine
terror strikes since 26/11.
"BJP condemns the dastardly terror attack near the Prime
Minister`s residence in the national capital on an Israel
embassy vehicle. Monday was the second anniversary of the
bomb attack on the German bakery in Pune," BJP spokesperson
Prakash Javadekar said.
He pointed out that one of the targets in the Pune attack
was the Chabad House located near the German Bakery.
"Even the 26/11 attack in Mumbai had targeted the Chabad
House along with other targets. This shows a pattern, which is
serious and needs a thorough investigation," Javadekar said,
adding that those involved in the German Bakery case could
also be involved in Monday`s attack.
The BJP MP said Monday`s incident shows that the
terrorists can reach upto the Prime Minister`s residence.
"Let us not brush away this case. It is a serious matter
.... We should not make the mistake of treating yesterday`s
attack as merely a conflict between Israel and Iran," he said.
The BJP also hit out at the UPA government for
"failing to solve" the nine terror attacks which have taken
place since 26/11.
Javadekar claimed that the lack of seriousness was seen
when a Mumbai cop was detained by the Delhi police which had
failed to nab the real culprits.
"The nine unsolved terror attacks are not only failure of
the government but a matter of grave concern for the country,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details