BSF foils intrusion bid along International Border
Jammu: BSF on Tuesday foiled an intrusion bid along the Indo-Pak border in Samba district of Jammu and Kashmir.
"Around 5 am, BSF personnel observed one person trying to cross over into Indian territory, taking cover of sarkanda (thick bushes) in Ballard forward area (in Samba district)," DIG BSF JS Oberoi said.
"Troops were alerted about the intruder crossing the IB. He was intercepted and troops fired in that direction. The firing continued for 15 minutes", the DIG said, adding that because of thick bushes, the intruder could not crossover to this side.
"A search is going on in the area by BSF troops and Pakistani ranger as well", he said, adding further details are awaited.
Asked whether the intruder has been killed in the firing, he said a "search is going on. Due to thick bushes, it is difficult to say. Let us wait for the details".
BSF shares about 198 km of international border with Pakistan in Jammu frontier area.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'