BSF shoots dead Pak woman intruder
Amritsar: An unidentified Pakistani woman was shot dead by the BSF when she ignored repeated warnings to surrender after wilfully crossing over to Indian territory in Ajnana sector in Punjab.
The woman, aged 35, was shot dead Tuesday morning when she kept on marching towards a BSF patrol despite repeatedly asked by the border guards to surrender, Border Security Force officials said.
The woman, with her face covered, illegally entered the Indian territory in Anjnala sector across river Ravi, they said.
Pakistani Rangers were informed about the incident and they expressed their willingness to accept the body.
But, they later declined to accept the body without assigning any reason, the officials said.
Nothing objectionable was recovered from her body, they said adding they were trying to ascertain the motive behind her wilfully entering the Indian Territory.
An autopsy on the body had been conducted.
Her last rites would be performed as per Muslim rituals by the Punjab Police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch