Bugging row: BJP slams Congress for raising "non-issue"
New Delhi: Law Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad today attacked Congress for raking up the matter of alleged bugging of Union Minister Nitin Gadkari`s residence, terming it as a "non-issue".
"Here is a case where Home Minister Rajnath Singh has categorically said that the bugging issue is baseless. I think there is no element of truth in it. Gadkari has denied and no one has complained. Yet the Congress is crying foul about it why?" he told reporters outside Parliament House here.
The BJP leader said Congress should not attempt to make an issue out of a "non-issue". "We all know that the Congress has been decisively defeated in this election. We all can understand their desperation. We also know that they are bereft of any issue, but that does not mean that non-issues are made into an issue," he said.
The issue of alleged bugging at Gadkari`s residence rocked Parliament today with Congress alleging that the methods used in Gujarat to keep tabs on ministers and MPs were being employed at the Centre, a charge stoutly rejected by the Home Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people