CAG reports also used to come during NDA regime: Congress
New Delhi: As the BJP on Tuesday hit out at the government saying the CAG report on farm loan waiver shows it was a "scam", Congress on Tuesday sought to remind the Opposition party that there were CAG reports belonging to the NDA regime as well.
"CAG report has a process. Such CAG reports also used to come during the NDA regime. There is no ministry about which the CAG does not point out some anomalies.
"The CAG report is submitted to Parliament. Then it goes to the PAC. Let the CAG report come before Parliament. Let the PAC discuss it. We will respond then," Congress spokesperson Rashid Alvi told reporters.
Earlier, BJP cited the CAG report on farm loan waiver to allege that it is a scam worth Rs 10,000 crore and demanded that the intended beneficiaries be given the funds and a CBI probe be ordered to find the culprits.
BJP spokesperson and MP Prakash Javadekar said as per the CAG report, nearly 34 lakh eligible farmers were denied their right to debt waiver and more than 24 lakh ineligible beneficiaries have gained through this "massive scam".
"The CAG report is an eye opener and the BJP demands immediate CBI inquiry to unearth the real extent of the scam," Javadekar said.
The party also demanded that all the eligible farmers should be given the loan waiver benefits taking into account the outstanding as of March 31.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL