CAG reports also used to come during NDA regime: Congress
New Delhi: As the BJP on Tuesday hit out at the government saying the CAG report on farm loan waiver shows it was a "scam", Congress on Tuesday sought to remind the Opposition party that there were CAG reports belonging to the NDA regime as well.
"CAG report has a process. Such CAG reports also used to come during the NDA regime. There is no ministry about which the CAG does not point out some anomalies.
"The CAG report is submitted to Parliament. Then it goes to the PAC. Let the CAG report come before Parliament. Let the PAC discuss it. We will respond then," Congress spokesperson Rashid Alvi told reporters.
Earlier, BJP cited the CAG report on farm loan waiver to allege that it is a scam worth Rs 10,000 crore and demanded that the intended beneficiaries be given the funds and a CBI probe be ordered to find the culprits.
BJP spokesperson and MP Prakash Javadekar said as per the CAG report, nearly 34 lakh eligible farmers were denied their right to debt waiver and more than 24 lakh ineligible beneficiaries have gained through this "massive scam".
"The CAG report is an eye opener and the BJP demands immediate CBI inquiry to unearth the real extent of the scam," Javadekar said.
The party also demanded that all the eligible farmers should be given the loan waiver benefits taking into account the outstanding as of March 31.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read