Candidates asked to provide social media expense details
Raipur: Candidates for Lok Sabha elections will have to provide details of their social media accounts to the Election Commission, as per its directive.
The spending on social media accounts will be included in their poll expenses.
"The Model Code of Conduct will be applicable to the social media used for the campaigning," an election official here said on Saturday.
The Election Commission has issued a directive which makes it mandatory for candidates to provide email and social media account details in the nominations.
Expenditure incurred on social media otherwise will also be added to the expenditure of the political party/candidate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!