Candidates asked to provide social media expense details
Raipur: Candidates for Lok Sabha elections will have to provide details of their social media accounts to the Election Commission, as per its directive.
The spending on social media accounts will be included in their poll expenses.
"The Model Code of Conduct will be applicable to the social media used for the campaigning," an election official here said on Saturday.
The Election Commission has issued a directive which makes it mandatory for candidates to provide email and social media account details in the nominations.
Expenditure incurred on social media otherwise will also be added to the expenditure of the political party/candidate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre