Candidates asked to provide social media expense details
Raipur: Candidates for Lok Sabha elections will have to provide details of their social media accounts to the Election Commission, as per its directive.
The spending on social media accounts will be included in their poll expenses.
"The Model Code of Conduct will be applicable to the social media used for the campaigning," an election official here said on Saturday.
The Election Commission has issued a directive which makes it mandatory for candidates to provide email and social media account details in the nominations.
Expenditure incurred on social media otherwise will also be added to the expenditure of the political party/candidate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister