Candidates asked to provide social media expense details
Raipur: Candidates for Lok Sabha elections will have to provide details of their social media accounts to the Election Commission, as per its directive.
The spending on social media accounts will be included in their poll expenses.
"The Model Code of Conduct will be applicable to the social media used for the campaigning," an election official here said on Saturday.
The Election Commission has issued a directive which makes it mandatory for candidates to provide email and social media account details in the nominations.
Expenditure incurred on social media otherwise will also be added to the expenditure of the political party/candidate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love