Car blast: Investigators scan CCTV footage
New Delhi: Investigators on Tuesday scanned CCTV
footage for clues into the bomb attack on an Israeli embassy
car and probed whether any Iranian living here was used to
carry out the strike.
Sources said all angles, including whether any outside
help was received for the attack, were being probed with
regard to yesterday`s incident which left four persons,
including a mission employee, injured.
A motorcycle-borne assailant had stuck a bomb on the car
in which the Israeli embassy employee was travelling that
exploded injuring her and others on Aurangezeb Road near the
Prime Minister`s Residence.
Sources said they are yet to make any headway in the case
which took place at 3.16 PM yesterday.
"We are scourging the CCTV footage. We are investigating
whether the attacker was trailing the car for the past four
days," a senior police official said.
The sources said police are investigating whether any
Iranian residents in India were used by perpetrators of
"All angles are being probed. It could also be possible
that local gang was used for the attack. We are probing all
angles," a source said.
Eye-witnesses have told investigators that the attacker
was wearing a red helmet and brown jacket.
The first major targeting of an Israeli official in the
capital came hours after police defused a bomb targeting an
Israeli Embassy car in Georgian capital Tbilisi, coinciding
with the fourth death anniversary of Hezbullah commander Imad
Delhi Police Commissioner BK Gupta yesterday did not
hazard a guess on whether it was a terror attack and
maintained it was definitely a device targeting the Embassy`s
Toyota Innova vehicle.
A NIA team inspected the vehicles and they are now being
taken to the office of the Special Cell. The sources said
investigators were now awaiting for CFSL report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir