Cash-for-vote: Mulayam supports Amar Singh
New Delhi: Coming out in support of his estranged colleague Amar Singh, SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav on Sunday termed his questioning by Delhi Police in the `cash-for-vote` scam as "injustice" and said he would help the Rajya
Sabha MP to "sail through" the crisis.
However, the SP chief ruled out Amar Singh`s return to
the party, from which he was expelled last year.
"It is an injustice being meted out to Amar Singh.
It is a conspiracy to trouble (SP Lok Sabha MP) Rewati Raman
Singh and Amar Singh. He (Amar) helped Congress (during the
2008 trust vote) as Samajwadi Party voted in favour of the
UPA. And now he is being questioned," Yadav told a press
He said Amar Singh was not involved in bribing of BJP
"We only helped by voting in their (Congress`) favour.
Did we join the government? Did Amar Singh or Rewati Singh
become ministers? Had money changed hands, I would have known
about it," a visibly upset Yadav said.
He said he would help the expelled party general
secretary "in whatever way I can" to sail through the crisis.
"We helped the government, now they (Rewati and Amar) are
under probe," he said.
To a question, he ruled out the return of Singh to the
party. "(We are) not taking him back...he is facing
injustice," Yadav said.
In reply to a poser, Yadav refused to comment on
whether Ahmed Patel, political secretary to the Congress
president, should also be questioned. "I don`t know," he said.
Rewati Raman Singh will be quizzed by Delhi Police in
connection with the cash-for-vote scam tomorrow, while Amar
Singh has already been questioned.
Alleged middlemen Suhail Hindustani, who has also been
arrested in connection with the case, had reportedly
approached Singh on the intervening night of July 21 and 22,
2008 for striking a deal to buy BJP MPs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai