CBI complains against former RPF officer
New Delhi: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has written to the Railway Board against a retired RPF officer for allegedly occupying three official accommodations in alleged violation of service rules.
"CBI had informed the Railway Board in April, 2013 that a retired officer holding post of All India Secretary General, RPF (who had retired in 2010) was allegedly personally occupying two government accommodations and was also in possession of one more accommodation allotted to All India RPF Association," CBI spokesperson Dharini Mishra said on Wednesday.
The agency has conveyed this irregularity (which is also in violation of Delhi High Court Orders), to the Railway Board for necessary action as per rules, she said.
When asked why the CBI has taken interest in the case, she said, "Sharing of such information regarding misuse of public money for necessary action by the concerned Department is a normal practice and duty of the CBI."
RPF Association General Secretary and the officer in question, U S Jha told PTI the issue of his accommodation does not come under the domain of CBI and Railway has an in-built mechanism to prevent such alleged misuse.
He claimed action of CBI is the result of its Chief Ranjit Sinha`s vendetta against him as he had complained against him before the Central Vigilance Commission about alleged corrupt practices.
The CBI spokesperson said, "Allegations of impropriety/ vendetta by any officer of the CBI is completely misplaced, incorrect and baseless."
Sinha held the position of Railway Protection Force Director General from November 14, 2008 to May 19, 2011 before being repatriated to Home Ministry and later being appointed as ITBP Chief.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves