CBI officers who probed high-profile graft cases awarded
New Delhi: The CBI officers who led probe in sensational corruption cases like AgustaWestland scam and Adarsh Housing scam, are among 20 sleuths of the agency who have been awarded police medals for meritorious service on the occasion of Independence Day.
The in-charge of one of the divisions of the anti-corruption wing of CBI, DIG Mahipal Yadav who is supervising probe in AgustaWestland Helicopter bribery scam involving the then IAF chief, and Abhin D Modak, DIG Special Crime Mumbai, who probed Adarsh Housing scam have been awarded police medals of meritorious services.
President Police Medals for distinguished services have been given to Tapan Jyoti Ghosh, Additional SP, Economic Offences Wing Kolkata and Kadayam Subramanian Nageswaran, Inspector with Multi-disciplinary Monitoring agency probing the assassination of former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi.
Mahipal Yadav, a 1997-batch Kerala cadre officer, is also leading the probe in the recent railway bribery scandal involving former Railway Minister Pawan Bansal`s nephew and the case of disproportionate assets against Mulayam Singh Yadav.
Besides Adarsh scam, Modak, a 1997-batch Tamil Nadu cadre officer, has also cracked the case of an impersonator who posed as CBI officer and fooled some Bollywood personalities.
SP P L Meena, awarded Police Medal for meritorious service, is handling Special Crime Unit in CBI Headquarters.
He had probed the murder of CPI-M leader Ajit Sarkar. He was killed in 1998 at Subhash Nagar in Bihar`s Purnia district in which names of some influential politicians was surfaced and also the murder of DFO Sanjay Singh in Bihar.
Other medal winners include Additional SP Jai Prakash Mishra, DSPs R V S Lohomor, K S Lochab, Prabhat Singh Jamwal, Sarala Das Mishra, Inspectors Praveen Kumar Tyagi, Vivek Dhir Shahnaz Khan, Sub Inspector Rama Prasad Sarkar, ASI Ishwar Singh and Head Constables R C Katoch, K Premajan, Bansidhar Bijarnia and Vazir Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list