CBI questions ex-Gujarat home minister in Ishrat Jahan case
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
Gandhinagar: A day after questioning Gujarat`s Law Minister Pradeep Singh Jadeja in connection with the Ishrat Jahan encounter case, the Central Bureau of Investigation is currently questioning state`s former home minister Praful Patel.
The questioning is currently underway at an unannounced place in the capital Gandhinagar.
Besides the two, the agency has also issued summons to Education Minister Bhupendrasinh Chudasama and Advocate General Kamal Trivedi in connection with the encounter that has been dubbed fake.
The summons have been issued by the CBI in relation to audio tapes of a meeting in 2011 that contain voices allegedly of ministers and officials discussing the probe into the encounter case and how to derail it.
According to sources, the meeting took place at Trivedi`s house.
Two officials AK Sharma and GC Murmu, who are also believed to have attended the meeting, have already been questioned by the CBI.
Ishrat, along with three men, was shot dead outside Ahmedabad in 2004 by the Crime Branch of the Gujarat Police, which said the four were on a suicide mission to assassinate Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
The CBI had earlier this year filed a chargesheet in the case and stated the four were killed "in cold blood". The chargesheet accused seven cops of destroying evidence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown