CBI questions ex-Gujarat home minister in Ishrat Jahan case
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
Gandhinagar: A day after questioning Gujarat`s Law Minister Pradeep Singh Jadeja in connection with the Ishrat Jahan encounter case, the Central Bureau of Investigation is currently questioning state`s former home minister Praful Patel.
The questioning is currently underway at an unannounced place in the capital Gandhinagar.
Besides the two, the agency has also issued summons to Education Minister Bhupendrasinh Chudasama and Advocate General Kamal Trivedi in connection with the encounter that has been dubbed fake.
The summons have been issued by the CBI in relation to audio tapes of a meeting in 2011 that contain voices allegedly of ministers and officials discussing the probe into the encounter case and how to derail it.
According to sources, the meeting took place at Trivedi`s house.
Two officials AK Sharma and GC Murmu, who are also believed to have attended the meeting, have already been questioned by the CBI.
Ishrat, along with three men, was shot dead outside Ahmedabad in 2004 by the Crime Branch of the Gujarat Police, which said the four were on a suicide mission to assassinate Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
The CBI had earlier this year filed a chargesheet in the case and stated the four were killed "in cold blood". The chargesheet accused seven cops of destroying evidence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Telangana TS EAMCET Results 2016: Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (TS EAMCET) results declared, check www.tseamcet.in
- Bollywood actress Jacqueline supports UN campaign against illegal wildlife trade
- Rani Mukerji, daughter Adira's Paris trip turns into a family affair! – Know why
- Salman Khan in and as 'Sultan' grabs 'Fastest 5 Million' views—Watch here!
- New Afghan Taliban leader was compromise candidate: Sources