CBI questions ex-Gujarat home minister in Ishrat Jahan case
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
Gandhinagar: A day after questioning Gujarat`s Law Minister Pradeep Singh Jadeja in connection with the Ishrat Jahan encounter case, the Central Bureau of Investigation is currently questioning state`s former home minister Praful Patel.
The questioning is currently underway at an unannounced place in the capital Gandhinagar.
Besides the two, the agency has also issued summons to Education Minister Bhupendrasinh Chudasama and Advocate General Kamal Trivedi in connection with the encounter that has been dubbed fake.
The summons have been issued by the CBI in relation to audio tapes of a meeting in 2011 that contain voices allegedly of ministers and officials discussing the probe into the encounter case and how to derail it.
According to sources, the meeting took place at Trivedi`s house.
Two officials AK Sharma and GC Murmu, who are also believed to have attended the meeting, have already been questioned by the CBI.
Ishrat, along with three men, was shot dead outside Ahmedabad in 2004 by the Crime Branch of the Gujarat Police, which said the four were on a suicide mission to assassinate Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
The CBI had earlier this year filed a chargesheet in the case and stated the four were killed "in cold blood". The chargesheet accused seven cops of destroying evidence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why