Chhattisgarh doctor arrested in AIIMS paper leak
New Delhi: A doctor from Chhattisgarh was arrested for his alleged involvement in the leak of the post graduate medical entrance papers of the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), taking the total number of arrests in the case to nine.
Dev Prakash Dewangan, 23, was arrested on Sunday and police said he has confessed to his involvement in the case.
The gang, which charged Rs 25-35 lakh from aspirants, allegedly used a sophisticated software to email images of the question paper taken by two MBA degree holders, posing as PG aspirants, using mobile phones and bluetooth concealed in their shirts.
The Crime Branch had already arrest eight persons in connection with the case and Dewangan`s detention is the ninth.
Dewangan revealed in September last year, he went to Nagpur for enquiry of paid seat in Post Graduation courses.
"There, he met Mohit Choudhary, the kingpin, who had informed him that he was conducting a capsule course of three days for the seat of Post Graduation Examination of Medical. He also guaranteed him to clear the AIIMS PG Entrance Exam - 2012," Sanjay Kumar Jain, Deputy Commissioner of Police, Crime and Railways, Delhi.
Choudhary lured Dewangan and assured him a PG seat in AIIMS in lieu of Rs 18 lakh.
"As a surety, Mohit Choudhary kept his documents with him. The same has already been recovered during the remand of Mohit Choudhary. As per directions of Choudhary after the exam on January 8, he destroyed the shirt equipped with bluetooth, tiny microphone, SIM card and mobile phone," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail