China not letting Indian troops patrol LAC: Report
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: India’s worst fears are coming true. A ground situation report on the Indo-China border has revealed that Chinese troops are not letting their Indian counterparts patrol the Indian side of the Line of Actual Control (LAC).
It may be noted that the border between India and China is not demarcated at several places and is described as LAC, which is based on perception.
The report, commissioned by the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO), was handed over to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh last month by National Security Advisory Board (NSAB) chairperson Shyam Saran. It was subsequently shared with the Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) as well.
Indian troops have mostly been prevented from patrolling the Indian territory along the LAC in eastern Ladakh, a report in a leading English daily stated on Tuesday.
As per the report, the Prime Minister had instructed Saran to visit eastern Ladakh and Siachen sectors in the first week of August for reviewing infrastructure development and security situation.
As per the assessment, Chinese troops have particularly been aggressive in the Daulet Beg Oldi (DBO) sector, Depsang Bulge and Chumar.
In response to the alarming development, the government has set up an inter-ministerial panel to monitor the LAC situation. It has also instructed concerned officials to remove the bureaucratic hurdles in Ladakh to speed up infrastructure development.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'