China not letting Indian troops patrol LAC: Report
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: India’s worst fears are coming true. A ground situation report on the Indo-China border has revealed that Chinese troops are not letting their Indian counterparts patrol the Indian side of the Line of Actual Control (LAC).
It may be noted that the border between India and China is not demarcated at several places and is described as LAC, which is based on perception.
The report, commissioned by the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO), was handed over to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh last month by National Security Advisory Board (NSAB) chairperson Shyam Saran. It was subsequently shared with the Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) as well.
Indian troops have mostly been prevented from patrolling the Indian territory along the LAC in eastern Ladakh, a report in a leading English daily stated on Tuesday.
As per the report, the Prime Minister had instructed Saran to visit eastern Ladakh and Siachen sectors in the first week of August for reviewing infrastructure development and security situation.
As per the assessment, Chinese troops have particularly been aggressive in the Daulet Beg Oldi (DBO) sector, Depsang Bulge and Chumar.
In response to the alarming development, the government has set up an inter-ministerial panel to monitor the LAC situation. It has also instructed concerned officials to remove the bureaucratic hurdles in Ladakh to speed up infrastructure development.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report